PDA

View Full Version : Pod: Weather update

CP
27-10-02, 07:53 AM
Right as of Sun 7.45 am, in case anyone is in any doubt, forget it.

I'm about 5 miles east of Pod and its currently blowing a steady 35 -45 mph with gusts about 60 -70mph. The winds will be blowing as a head/cross wind at the strip totally fucking any chance to get any meaningful times even if they do run it which I very much doubt cos it will make it v.dangerous for anything seriously fast. We have already had 1 light but squally shower. The wind is expected to build more this morning before declining slowly over the afternoon & a fair few showers are expected.

Bloody typical - yesterday dry all day - tomorrow dry and calm supposedly :x

CP
27-10-02, 09:17 PM
It did indeed get worse. Power was out over a large area for about 8hrs. Trees down all over - a right fcuk mess.

Dannova12
27-10-02, 11:16 PM
yeah, i decided not to go in the end. Right bummer, have been looking forward to it for ages

Jim
28-10-02, 09:12 AM
So F***ing typical!!!!

Me and JKHilton spent all day saturday adding the finishing touches to my car, bodykit, small wheels, stripped out, nitrous, rocket engine, etc :wink: and what happens? The bloody weather decides to turn on Sunday! :evil: Whats even more annoying is the fact that I've just driven into work this morning in lovely sunshine with blue skys. I'm only 45mins from Santa Pod so I'm guessing the weather up there is roughly the same. How annoying!!!

I guess we'll have to wait till next year now before we get to go to the pod :(

Jim

dave.gsi
28-10-02, 04:19 PM
i sacked it off too, too far to drive in 70mph winds. looking at my santa pod events flyer it says the last rwyb day of the year is the 3rd of november. ie next week. any1 know the weather forcast for next sunday??

CP
28-10-02, 09:44 PM
It must have been hardcore thru here - we've been on the telly it was so bad. Its now Monday night and there are still places with no leccy :o !