PDA

View Full Version : ****************REBUILD**************

carltoncrazy
26-10-02, 08:21 PM
i`ve either lost the plot or u lot are finally having an effect on me
rebuilding 1986 1.3 SR,(mainly to do rust in boot proper)
so any advice hints etc from ppl who have done it b4?
thxs ian

ade
27-10-02, 01:09 AM
alright m8!

Let me know if you want any help - cannae get down to you but after rebuilding my 1.2 mk2 glad to lend a hand (internet wise).

If you want any pics, send me a cd - I'll send you my complete set!

Shows ways of rebuilding bits n bobs with fibreglass etc...

As for your boot - if its got holes in it and these are on structural points then get them welded otherwise you may be able to use fibreglass - lots of it but only on non structural bits

Ade
:wink:

carltoncrazy
28-10-02, 07:29 PM
i personnal cant believe a post like this hasent got a better reply,esp from the 16v boys,
il email u alot probley ade,ur regret offering that.
yep its gonna need welding 4 sure

Austin_Nova16
29-10-02, 02:45 PM
Maybe, you should consider re-shelling? I re-shelled mine with a blue 1.2 flair. Pritty mint bodywork with no rust, and it cost ?800 (K-reg).

Always worth a thought, coz you may end up spending this sort of money on a full re-build.........

carltoncrazy
29-10-02, 09:25 PM
yeh i had thought that,
but i want it retain the same plates+chassis/engine nu,bers match.
its orginal,which is rare for a mk1 sr

Jim
30-10-02, 09:41 AM
hayz,

theres 2 novas in the scrapyard in New Bradwell in Milton Keynes, both Mk1's. One of them is even a 1.3sr. You better hurry down there though, as when I drove past it this morning the 1.3sr had it's bonnet up, so it looks like people have already started claiming it for parts.

Jim

carltoncrazy
30-10-02, 03:27 PM
cheers jim,
i dont need n e parts, realy,doors n stuff im gonna buy new and rear boot n fings,
im doing this proper so new parts,
then engine n brakes r fine,
just the boot n dents