PDA

View Full Version : ECU Faults

chimp007_uk
05-10-08, 05:54 PM
Hi All, 2 questions...

I had to move my C20SEH Nova today, it's had problems and hasn't run for 8months for some unknown reason.

Anyway, It's now being stored at CoupeUK's (cheers Paul!!) and we flashed the fault codes off it today... Came up with 31, 55 and 62. 31 is the crank sensor and will always show, 55 was ECU fault so swapped the ECU and got rid of that one, but 62 remained... It's:62Fuel Tank Vent Valve (FTVV)High voltage

Anyone know what this is?!?

Also...

Paul's been having charging problems on his XE nova, so whilst we were on a roll we tried flashing the codes off on that. But, when the ignition is turned on, no ECU light comes on yet its a 1.2spi previously. After some digging I found a ring terminal with 2 earths coming from it that was floating down the back of the block. I earthed it out, and the engine light then worked. However it remained on when the engine was running. I flashed off the fault codes and none were recorded.

Anyone got any ideas, as to why the ECU light stayed lit even though there's no faults?

Cheers all, as always! :thumb:

Chris

chimp007_uk
06-10-08, 12:05 PM
Any ideas??!?!?

CoupeUK
07-10-08, 11:08 PM
UP, need to get these going, only because I want some Valverlove back in my life and I also want to see what the SEH goes like lol

chimp007_uk
08-10-08, 07:03 PM
come on people, someone must know what a fuel vent valve is... and also gimpy pauls ecu light/earth problem

;)

Clean 2.0 nova
08-10-08, 07:44 PM
Fuel tank vent valve is the valve that opens up (when the engine is warm and under load IMO) to allow the inlet manifold to suck a little fume filled air from the carbon canister on the original car. I'm guessing you don't have the carbon canister but the valve may / may not be present. I recommend just plugging one in to satisfy the ECU but I can't see why it would stop the ECU from running the engine otherwise.

On my car the fuel tank vent valve is at the RHS of the fuel rail, It has 2 small pipe connections, one still going to the inlet manifold, the other one blanked off.

Iain