View Full Version : Db9

CP
05-10-08, 05:38 PM
Got this for the weekend:D

Nice but not as good as me Novalol

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb125/cpnova/030.jpg

mowgli
05-10-08, 05:42 PM
It'll do, I s'pose.... have you got a tuxedo?

loggyboy
05-10-08, 05:42 PM
Jammy sod.. how you wangle that?

Lee
05-10-08, 05:43 PM
Get it on the fields and rally it :)

mowgli
05-10-08, 05:43 PM
its called rental, I think

mowgli
05-10-08, 05:44 PM
It won't pull 5 furrows of heavy clay, but it will pull women

Lee
05-10-08, 05:47 PM
I wonder how many people have rented that car purely to get laid.

Watch out for the crusty bits charlie lol

chimp007_uk
05-10-08, 05:56 PM
I work at Aston, you'd love some of the design problems on that beast...

The new v12 vantage is the daddy ;)

I can;t drive them at work as you have to be atleast 25 to do your Aston Martin level 2 driver's license. Then youd have to do your level 3 to drive competitors cars. And we have a carrera GT, a GTR, couple of porche 997's and an R8. Even got a couple of Bond's cars, one with a selection of bullet holes lol

mowgli
05-10-08, 05:59 PM
I work at Aston, you'd love some of the design problems on that beast...

The new v12 vantage is the daddy ;)

like how they barrel roll at millbrook when you let a spy drive them in a film, or water ingress in lake Geneva???????

twistysnovagte
05-10-08, 06:06 PM
why???

CP
05-10-08, 06:07 PM
lol
I originally got the V8 Vantage for the weekend of my daughters wedding but it came with a foobarred clutch(common problem) so they manned up and gave me this by way of an apology.

Its rapid (0-60 4.5 sec(ish) but a bit lardy on the back roads. Not a fan of the flappy paddle set-up tbh and the interior has a bit of the TVR's about it (ie kit caresque)Its looking a bit secondhand now and there's quite a lot not working right -ventilation system is shocking (might even have a pipe off somewhere)ICE pretty rubbish really(speakers got no bass range at all) and unacceptably high levels of wind noise over 80. At 100 plus you cant hear the radio and you have to raise your voice to talk to someone. Makes you realise how good run of the mill new cars are made these days.

I think overall I'd have the Vantage if I could get 50 extra ponies out of the V8 - it feels lighter, tighter and more alive plus its manual which is ultimately more involving

Also drove a Seat Leon FR500 diesel recently which is excellent. Very impressive on motorways 70 -100 for an oil burner and handles a dream

chimp007_uk
05-10-08, 06:42 PM
like how they barrel roll at millbrook when you let a spy drive them in a film, or water ingress in lake Geneva???????

Haha... that was amusing! He was lucky to get out alive.

Clutches are terrible, they have a creep function which slips the clutch, and its a 10hour job to change as well...

dhdev (Oli)
07-10-08, 12:54 PM
I had one to test drive at work for about two weeks and was very dissapointed, although the exhaust note is lovely! Too lardy to be fun on A and B roads, but (as you mentioned) too much wind noise to be a comfy cruiser. Purely a posers car IMO. It was fun to get sideways, and very easy to hold a slide, but soon threw up a gearbox fault and had to be returned to Aston for a new switch lol
The one I had was fitted with a stereo upgrade, with a genesis amp and a sub which made all the diference with the audio. The screen also broke whilst in our care and again needed returning to Aston to be fixed :roll:
All in all an excellent car if you're rich and ugly enough to need a car to pull women (and or men lol )

MC
07-10-08, 09:00 PM
Chief Mincer (Jim) took a picture of me mincing in the veteran mincer's (CP) Aston: lol

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54/MC1978gti/061020081227.jpg

Puts a smile on your face as it does have that special factor, but it doesn't inspire confidence at high speed on the twisty roads.

Stuart
07-10-08, 09:03 PM
funk, youre a midget and the screen looks too low lol