PDA

View Full Version : any good???

Tim
05-10-08, 12:06 AM
found these and just wondered if they would be any good, can you use them on dipped and main bean??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-BULBS-BALLAST-H4-Low-6000K_W0QQitemZ300261624931QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m300261624931&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Asa-James
05-10-08, 12:25 AM
not entirely sure on the dip/main question, but i'd personally be wary if your getting them at that price...

Welsh Dan
05-10-08, 12:39 AM
You can get dim/dip ones, I had some, loved them and sold them to Adam. I paid about £78 for mine when I got them new from a similar ebay supplier. The ones picured in your ebay link are not the ones they're describing.

Pistol Pete
05-10-08, 01:16 PM
Theres a bloke over on MIG, Andi1, sells the kits. Alot of people have bought from him, i shall be..

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/items-sale/345670-trade-new-superdeal-xenon-hid-kits-%A399-99-free-xen-led-sidelights-highbeam.html

The ones in that eBay link, £13.99, hmmmm i'd be wary!

Adam
05-10-08, 01:23 PM
That ebay link is just a dipped beam kit, so main beam stays with normal halogen element.

Bi-Xenon kits are what you want for dipped and main beam

Stuart
05-10-08, 01:30 PM
Theres a bloke over on MIG, Andi1, sells the kits. Alot of people have bought from him, i shall be..

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/items-sale/345670-trade-new-superdeal-xenon-hid-kits-%A399-99-free-xen-led-sidelights-highbeam.html

The ones in that eBay link, £13.99, hmmmm i'd be wary!

he sells EXACTLY the same stuff as ebay sell, but for about 4 times the cost, with a load of old sales BS as to why its better to buy from the UK than the far east etc blah blah blah.

Diane-shop has been supplying folks with HIDs for a year or two now and are top notch. The price has steadely been dropping (note the postage costs ;) yes its wrong but ebay dont care anymore as its still cash for them on bulk sales lol) they were £40 when I got mine 12 months ago and now they are about £30ish... no probs there imho

Adam
05-10-08, 01:31 PM
And before you ask, yep there VERY worthwhile having :cool:

Jack
05-10-08, 03:36 PM
Diane-shop has been supplying folks with HIDs for a year or two now and are top notch. The price has steadely been dropping (note the postage costs ;) yes its wrong but ebay dont care anymore as its still cash for them on bulk sales lol) they were £40 when I got mine 12 months ago and now they are about £30ish... no probs there imho
Yep, got my high beams from Diane-shop, via ebay.au - conversion rate at the time worked out the best value. Paid £38 delivered. Only thing I don't like about those is they don't include a battery harness, which my low beams do have.

I wouldn't be keen on having HIDs on a H4 bulb tbh; I'm never keen on the rotating shield, and do bi-xenon ones turn off the HID element when you go to high beam? I'm tempted to stick some decent lamps into my quad light panel and run HIDs in that.

[edit] And LMFAO @ the "dedicated staff" pic in that listing lol

Instructions in those kits are pretty lame btw, I just re-used my original set of instructions which were English instead of Chinglish lol

Adam
05-10-08, 04:27 PM
When you go to main beam a solenoid just changes the position of the hid glass chamber thing to change the beam position.