PDA

View Full Version : loans

dean_uk
26-10-02, 09:42 AM
a few guys said they have loans out, what companies are you with?

Breeny
26-10-02, 10:51 AM
Don't do it http://www.egg.com

lol

Tilly
26-10-02, 12:49 PM
My bank
Think tesco's do goodone's??

wisewood
26-10-02, 02:27 PM
got a loan from halifax (my bank) two years ago... which was a very good deal back then. They offering a load of cack at the moment though.

www.if.com pretty clever though.
get current account and savings and a loan with them and choose no interest on savings and current account, and have lower interest on load instead. V clever.

dean_uk
26-10-02, 05:13 PM
only thing is my mam has a BAD credit history :cry:

carltoncrazy
26-10-02, 05:36 PM
do u REALLY REALLY REALLY need a loan?
coz if at all poss dodge gettin 1

wisewood
26-10-02, 05:56 PM
only thing is my mam has a BAD credit history :cry:

Now the way i understand it, this is a common misconception.
I understand from what someone told me that teh credit rating of anyone in your household cannot be used against you.
They may use their bad credit as an excuse if you have no credit rating from anything else.

When I applied ofr my mortgage an advisor suggested i request a credit card and a catalogue so that i have some history, even if i spend nothing on it, at least you show that you have credit.

dean_uk
26-10-02, 06:22 PM
i applied for a credit card, but was turned down cos of the credit history, even though i aint ever bought anything on it before!!

d0gz_bollox
26-10-02, 08:04 PM
Don't do it http://www.egg.com

lol

OI!!!!! nothing wrong with my company. good interest rates too.

I think IF.com do the best rates at the moment

d0gz_bollox
26-10-02, 08:12 PM
i applied for a credit card, but was turned down cos of the credit history, even though i aint ever bought anything on it before!!

that aint got nought to do with your moms credit history. its purley because you have no credit history. please remember everytime you apply for finance (card, loan etc) a note is made on your credit history and the next time you apply for something that company will see . may look like your desperate for cash, and if one company isnt confident in you, why should they. etc

whne I was a young un I had the same problem, nobody would give me anything. best thing to do is get something from your bank as your bank, whilst yes looks at your credit history, have there own personal scoring system based on your spending habits with them. they'll be able to tell whether you can afford a loan and likely to pay it back (regular income). once you got a loan with them others will let you.

or somet like that

carltoncrazy
26-10-02, 08:27 PM
sorry but wisewood are you picking your nose?

dean_uk
26-10-02, 08:27 PM
oh sh*t..ive applied for more than one loan when i got rejected :roll: ...bugga!

d0gz_bollox
26-10-02, 08:35 PM
lol. that dont mean its the end of the world. I was just making you aware that it shows up on your history thats all. dont worry about it.

go to the bank and get something from them.

lol

when i was 18 hsbc (my bank) wouldnt give me a ?500 loan but they gave me a ?500 overdraft. dodgy. lol.

oh and dont take payment protection, its sooooo expensive

dean_uk
26-10-02, 08:37 PM
lol i tried my bank, rejected me :cry:

d0gz_bollox
26-10-02, 08:42 PM
how old are you?
ask them for an overdraft. I got a ?500 overdraft and the only bank activity I got was that i paid in ?100 a week and spent it nearly everyweek too. lol.

maybe you need to consider a new bank?

Breeny
26-10-02, 08:42 PM
Dogz it was a joke, i was saying don't do it to a loan but then added egg.com cos there the best so ive heard (bro's mrs is a financial adviser)

Can you get cheap rates as an employee ;)

d0gz_bollox
26-10-02, 08:45 PM
btw there is always the associates (associate capital corp - symbol is a multi coloured triangle type thing).

but beware, there interest rates are skyyyy high.

I rang them up the other day to check on a ?1000 loan over two years (Im always checking companys rates out n sh!t) there interest rate depends on the persons situation. best case scenario was total payback ?1450 worse (and most common) being ?1600!!!!

IF is around ?1200, HSBC ?1300. you get my point. theres also bristol finance & credit (are they still around? lol I used to work for them when I was a little un. they had a 660% APR on some loans!!! you best make sure you pay back. haha)

d0gz_bollox
26-10-02, 08:48 PM
Dogz it was a joke, i was saying don't do it to a loan but then added egg.com cos there the best so ive heard (bro's mrs is a financial adviser)

Can you get cheap rates as an employee ;)

lol dont worry only playin.

Actually I dont know if I get cheap rates as an employee. one of those things they dont mention. I know I get cheaper car insurance and i think thats about it. there car insurance is a rip off anyway (for a young un like me).

dean_uk
26-10-02, 08:54 PM
Just tried to work out how much for a cheap car etc, im gonna try and go with out a loan and all that, probably wont last 2 weeks like....but hey! If i get short then i will have to take out a loan of some sort, i know for a fact the ones ive applied for now wont come through!!

Stuart
27-10-02, 05:04 PM
i assume you have a current accout. go and get overdrawn then pay it back instantly, the bank will then see that you borrowed then paid back, therefore giving you an excellent rating. then as been said before, if you must get one get a cheap credit card. job done

dean_uk
30-10-02, 08:44 PM
i got a loan from my bank through this morning, so next question...you reckon it would be an idea to get the insurance in my name now i got ?????