PDA

View Full Version : Car polishes

sport
04-10-08, 05:50 PM
So what do you use? Ive always used autoglym products and for paint work super resin polish and then the extra gloss protection.

Im seeing more waxes beeing advertised so whats the score with the waxes, do you use this rather than polish or along with it?

Jack
04-10-08, 05:53 PM
Wax goes on after the polish - cut, polish, wax.

I use Meguiars stuff.

sport
04-10-08, 06:01 PM
Looked at meguiars stuff but theres so many diffrent types didnt know where to start. lol

Jack
04-10-08, 06:04 PM
lol I just use the three stage cut polish and wax (comes in three red bottles), and get good results, although thats on a black car. In fact, here is a pic of my rear bumper once its had the megs treatment

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/15062006-1.jpg?t=1223138491

:D

sport
04-10-08, 06:06 PM
That looks fantastic mate.

sparkie1401
04-10-08, 06:14 PM
i have maguires and autoglym, nbth are excellent products.

im gonna have my car detailed soon, check out muddydetail.co.uk he is amazing and has some top products for cleaning and drying etc

check it out

Looks aewsome Razorjack

MK999
04-10-08, 06:21 PM
Used autoglym deep shine last time I did my car, came out fantastic on my mates so I nabbed the bottle to do mine with lol But didn't seem to come out quite as well on mine (flame red), have some megs stuff too so i'll probably try that next.

Panman
04-10-08, 06:25 PM
Tried pretty much everything off the shelf nothing pro yet but Megs has always done it for me.
I might treat myself one day to some Swizol products. Or if i win the lotto some Zymol Royale at £7k a pot.

L33 LEG
04-10-08, 06:27 PM
i just use autoglym as that what we sell at work. im really pleased with it though, i cant use the more expensive stuff as i polish my car around 3 times a week lol

General Baxter
04-10-08, 06:33 PM
some ****e from auto smart paid £15 for a 25ltr drum lol

Dec16v
04-10-08, 06:59 PM
There are some great products at http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

Personally I think the standard Autoglym resin polish is great on white cars, I used the Ultra Deep Shine on my Black Vectra and it was amazing!! The extra gloss protection gives a nice wet look and seals the shine well. For a finisher use some AG High Def Wax...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l252/Declan1979/S7002181.jpg

Dec

salter
04-10-08, 07:01 PM
Looked at meguiars stuff but theres so many diffrent types didnt know where to start. lol

Your right there is too much stuff to choose from! I have been converted to Meguiars though as I can't find anything else that comes close to the finish. The NXT tech is a good starting place but If you need help deciding they have a decent forum on their website.

A cheap alternative with good results that I have seen was Ambersil Auto Groom Wax/Polish, I'm not sure where you get it from but the results were amazing and the water just beads off....Has anyone else used it ?

novacabrio
04-10-08, 07:05 PM
Check out detailingworld.com mate, different waxes for differnt colours and it all depends what you want to pay

Stuart
04-10-08, 07:10 PM
uber lazy wax, Collinite 976 :D apply a nice fat layer and dont touch for 6-9 months lmao

sport
04-10-08, 09:00 PM
There are some great products at http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

Personally I think the standard Autoglym resin polish is great on white cars, I used the Ultra Deep Shine on my Black Vectra and it was amazing!! The extra gloss protection gives a nice wet look and seals the shine well. For a finisher use some AG High Def Wax...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l252/Declan1979/S7002181.jpg

Dec

This was the wax i had seen, Dec do you use this once youve used super resin polish and the extra gloss protection?

Dec16v
05-10-08, 09:46 AM
This was the wax i had seen, Dec do you use this once youve used super resin polish and the extra gloss protection?

Hi mate,

That's the plan, I'm currently building up a few layers of extra gloss and will finish with some more wax... I'll post up some pics when I'm done to give you an idea of the shine :)

sport
05-10-08, 12:49 PM
Hi mate,

That's the plan, I'm currently building up a few layers of extra gloss and will finish with some more wax... I'll post up some pics when I'm done to give you an idea of the shine :)

That would be great mate cheers.

Martin
05-10-08, 01:03 PM
hmmm i like polishin cars etc but i never understand the buildin uplayers bit.. surely you wipe the 1st layer of lol

somebody gen me up

stevie-p
05-10-08, 01:07 PM
maguires and fst wax

sport
05-10-08, 01:10 PM
Check out detailingworld.com mate, different waxes for differnt colours and it all depends what you want to pay

Cheers for the link to that forum, looks like it could be very useful.

sport
05-10-08, 01:12 PM
hmmm i like polishin cars etc but i never understand the buildin uplayers bit.. surely you wipe the 1st layer of lol

somebody gen me up

I think solong you leave enough time for it to set you get a deeper shine the more layers you aply. Might be wrong though.

Dec16v
05-10-08, 04:45 PM
Then more you apply, the more silicon and wax you'll build up, hence more protection and shine