PDA

View Full Version : sri engine mods

TUBZGSXR
26-10-02, 08:52 AM
ok i wana eventually make my SRI as fast as pos by this time next year, but also reliable for day to day use, until i either sell it, or change engines. so wot can be done, ie twin 40's , head work ect, and wot combinatios are best, + i need to know all individual cost's if anyone knows etc so i know how much money to save up.. thanx :)
tubs.......

rob.slader
26-10-02, 09:53 AM
Have a look in the feature car section under your type of car. Have a look at what other people have done engine wise, then you can get ideas and price up how much it will cost you.

Dicko
26-10-02, 11:20 AM
well straight off do filter+decat togain around 10+bhp

TUBZGSXR
26-10-02, 02:55 PM
ok will do. Its already de-cat with filter, and im getin a full stainless soon so that should help....

Dicko
26-10-02, 06:47 PM
cool, where u getting your exhaust from? if your looking at a full magnex with the stainless manifold i got 1 for sale as it doesnt fit my 16v engine!!

after you get a few mods like this a chip helps pretty well :)

TUBZGSXR
26-10-02, 08:00 PM
to be honnest mate im not sure wot i want as far as exhausts go!!?! i want a wicked sound, and a decent looking pipe, but good power gains to! a bit of everything i guess! how much u sellin it for?? and are magnex good ?

d0gz_bollox
26-10-02, 08:20 PM
for the money you'll spend you might as well stick 2ltr a valver in.

insurance aint that expensive if you ring around. no matter what mods you do your gonna have trouble catching a vavler.

if not, get nos. 50bhp jets should see you good

CP
26-10-02, 09:20 PM
Well if you want summink different, don't want to have to do a massive engine out job etc etc why don't you check out Velos (01283 542484 -www.vmotorsport.fsnet.co.uk)?
They make a special tuned inlet manifold for 1.4 & 1.616V and they might be persuaded to do something similar for your 8V er?
40% power in the 16V - suit you sir?
Price ?500 or so?

Just a thought? :D