PDA

View Full Version : doors and windows

essexnova
25-10-02, 06:01 PM
hi all, i have had these 2 problems with my nova 4 ages (Mk1) the first problem is:
1 passenger door - the larst owner took the door pins out and the doors were working fine 4 a while and then i day when some1 was in the passenger seat, the door wonted open. i have had this problen ever since.. The door, even tho unlocked doesn't open from the inside or outsite. It only opens if u put the tey in, and turn it and pull the handle all at the same time. I thought i could live with this problen but it is pissing my passengers off and me cos i have to keep turning off the car and getting out to open the door.

driver window - this is quite a newproblem, my passenger window had all was been a bit stiff but i was undoing it the other nite and i heard this band sound in the door and now the window doesn't undo! i can roll it up and down but nothin happens.

cheer 4 n e reply and 4 reading it

***Essexnova***

carltoncrazy
26-10-02, 12:32 AM
check for bent linkages.
window probley needs a new winding mechaniums(fuck the speeling im dislexyic)
but jus make sure nowts cum undone

Chris LR
26-10-02, 07:15 PM
Probably snapped the rivets on the winder mechanism, my leccy motor ripped itself off it's mountings and opened the window an inch.

I've got a set of door internals in you need anything, they do bend easiely.

ade
27-10-02, 01:05 AM
take yer door card off on the offending door - you'll have to if you want to get to the door mechanism and window winder.

Sounds like either the rivets that hold the window winder have snapped or the spring has collapsed.

As for the lock - if the door pins have been removed, check that the metal strut that they screw on has not jammed in the inner door area. You can trace the metal poles to the lock easily to find the problem.

If youre having problems opening yer windows, squirt some wd40 in the seals where the windows slide up and down - you'll need the extension straw to get right in - this will help take the strain off the stiff window mechanism. Also lubricate the cogs on the mechanism itself.

Ade

novax
28-10-02, 06:59 PM
Windows - Take the card off and visually check it, you'll find something wrong, there's very little in there.

Door - If it opens with the key and handle, it's the lock. The door pins (do you mean the lock pin by the window?) shouldn't cause this. I reacon the locks buggered.