PDA

View Full Version : Plating or Welding?

Nova_Tek
03-10-08, 11:26 AM
What is best to use on a LET conversion?

Plating?
Stich Weld seams?
Both?

Standard LET sorta power, road use only, chassis in very good condition no rot.

Fankooo please :thumb:

Pistol Pete
03-10-08, 11:30 AM
You can use the HH plating kit. And stitch OR seam welding is acceptable. Some people dont bother, but if you've got to take the old engine out, clean up the bay and get welding.

The Simps
03-10-08, 11:30 AM
stitch seems and fit plating kit.

Shaun_O'Donnell
03-10-08, 11:31 AM
There was a bit of a discussion about this not long ago (last week if I remember correctly) and the outcome was along the lines of, stitch welding is fine unless it's getting track/strip abuse. But doing it all at once will save doing the strenghtening kit later should you change the use of the vehicle.

The Simps
03-10-08, 11:38 AM
There was a bit of a discussion about this not long ago (last week if I remember correctly) and the outcome was along the lines of, stitch welding is fine unless it's getting track/strip abuse. But doing it all at once will save doing the strenghtening kit later should you change the use of the vehicle.

why wouldn't you stitch on a trackcar then?

draper
03-10-08, 11:41 AM
i think he means just stitch welding for the road and stich and plates for track cars

id do both while you have chance, its not much more work and it will all only help in the long run

Nova_Tek
03-10-08, 11:42 AM
why wouldn't you stitch on a trackcar then?

Think he meant stitch weld on a road car and do both for a track car. Thats how I understood it.

Any difference between the HH plating kit and the ones seen on the Chris Astley site?

:thumb:

Edit: Beat me to it draper

The Simps
03-10-08, 11:49 AM
Think he meant stitch weld on a road car and do both for a track car. Thats how I understood it.

Any difference between the HH plating kit and the ones seen on the Chris Astley site?

:thumb:

Edit: Beat me to it draper

Oh ok.

Kits are basically the same but without the bits for the sumpguard etc which you obviously won't need.

Nova_Tek
03-10-08, 11:52 AM
Im guessing the HH kit doesnt have the sump guard pieces?

The Simps
03-10-08, 11:53 AM
No HH does. Chris' kit doesn't cos no many people run sump guards on a nova road car.

Nova_Tek
03-10-08, 12:02 PM
ok Chris it is then.

Cheers man