PDA

View Full Version : scrappy's

stevie-p
02-10-08, 08:15 PM
does anybody know of any scrap yards that have any manta's nova's chevette's anything vauxhall of that era around bristol and bath? i know it's better to have a look around and try your luck but was just curious
cheers

Pistol Pete
02-10-08, 08:17 PM
I think due to strict regs and rules with regards to scrap yards, you'll be hard pressed to find one. We only have 2 left in swindon, and there not scrappies as such. All the parts are stacked ready for sale. What you after?

stevie-p
02-10-08, 08:22 PM
I think due to strict regs and rules with regards to scrap yards, you'll be hard pressed to find one. We only have 2 left in swindon, and there not scrappies as such. All the parts are stacked ready for sale. What you after?

looking for a set of wheels any really that will fit a good(ish) nic interior preferbly astra gte a steering wheel either manta 3 spoke or nova 3 spoke quite a bit i need there are quite a few in bristol well a lot but yes like you said most of them are of the shelf parts but i no of a few ''scrappy's'' but none really stock that kind of thing and most of them are tiny

Pistol Pete
02-10-08, 08:25 PM
3 spoke steering wheel, surely someone off here would be able to help you out with that? Failing that have a look over on MIG. Always a variety of parts for sale on there, or the other Vaux forums. vauxsport, jov etc. Hell, even eBay might be of some use!!

twistysnovagte
02-10-08, 08:29 PM
i think finding the a decent set of wheels shouldnt be a problems,as for good condition interior(i asume you want gte/gsi/sr) items, also the steering wheels you mention,i think majority of the people are now wise of how valuble they are.i like to trawl the scrappys to see if anything of value is left behind on the older vauxhalls/fords etc but good luck finding what you want!.

stevie-p
02-10-08, 08:30 PM
3 spoke steering wheel, surely someone off here would be able to help you out with that? Failing that have a look over on MIG. Always a variety of parts for sale on there, or the other Vaux forums. vauxsport, jov etc. Hell, even eBay might be of some use!!

yes somebody has one on here i quite fancied but was unsure on postage price but im pretty sure i could get one at a scrapyard cheaper not that im stingy but its easier as you dont have to post things and that plus me credit card expired and have not got around to sorting it yet (which is why i am a non member) :)

Pistol Pete
02-10-08, 08:33 PM
woah, dont want your life story;) ..

Postage should'nt be a great deal. Scrapyards usually know the value of stuff so will charge accordingly :(

stevie-p
02-10-08, 08:34 PM
woah, dont want your life story;) ..

Postage should'nt be a great deal. Scrapyards usually know the value of stuff so will charge accordingly :(

sorry and thanks

Jack
02-10-08, 08:51 PM
There's one or two down round here (Yeovil) that usually carry a handful of Novas.

Seen the odd Manta, but they're rare. Never seen any Chevettes or the likes though.

stevie-p
02-10-08, 09:01 PM
There's one or two down round here (Yeovil) that usually carry a handful of Novas.

Seen the odd Manta, but they're rare. Never seen any Chevettes or the likes though.

cheers that sounds like a stop point next time i go to weymouth :)

Ernie
03-10-08, 09:57 AM
I think i have a 3 spoke nova wheel and only up the road in swindon.

Jack
03-10-08, 10:36 AM
cheers that sounds like a stop point next time i go to weymouth :)
The yard at Lydford on Fosse is pretty good, there's also Angel Autos just south of Yeovil on the A37 to weymouth that always used to be good, although I've not been there for a while.

xxspudxx
03-10-08, 10:38 AM
where the yard at lydford too?

L14MNP
03-10-08, 10:41 AM
Come to the sunny north east lol We have a few old skool scrappies with mk1 Capris/Novas/Mk1/2 transits/mk1 Fiestas etc there's always something to be found lol

You even have to sign your life away in one of them so you don't mind being crushed by a swaying Austin Princess that is 4 cars high lol

Brilliant :D False names always entertain also lol

Jack
03-10-08, 11:00 AM
where the yard at lydford too?
Where's the yard at Lydford? Errrm... Lydford? lol

xxspudxx
03-10-08, 11:13 AM
Where's the yard at Lydford? Errrm... Lydford? lol

oh for christ sake, where abouts in Lydford? :roll:

Pistol Pete
03-10-08, 11:19 AM
Near the railway track on the A37. Towards the A303. Well theres somthing that looks like a scrappy on google earth, lol. I'm bored!

Jack
03-10-08, 11:29 AM
oh for christ sake, where abouts in Lydford? :roll:
lmfao sorry, couldn't resist it lol

Lydford is pretty small so its easy to find. Coming from Bristol, follow the A37 through Lydford, across the traffic lights and its just before the railway bridge on the right hand side.

Come to think of it, there's also a scrapyard up the road (towards Bristol) at Pylle. Not been in that one for a while though so dunno what its like, last I heard most of it had been gutted by fire.