PDA

View Full Version : Guess what now!

white2lSR
02-10-08, 01:15 PM
Decided to hoover the car out today. As i went to do the back i flipped the passenger seat faward and noticed this on the back of the drivers seat.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r57/rubberrambo/MOLLIE-02-10-08015MARKED.jpg

I was gutted to say the least as the seat was absolutely mint. Does anyone know if it would be possible to remove the cover and unpick the threads to remove and replace this panel?

I work as a mechanic for stagecoach so i could get the lady at work who trims all the seats to sew it back together.

And also, does anyone have a seat back they are willing to part with that has a good rear panel in it???

Ernie
02-10-08, 01:20 PM
Yes as ive done it a few times to gte/gsi seats to fix them.

white2lSR
02-10-08, 01:23 PM
was it a massive time consuming job?

Ernie
02-10-08, 01:25 PM
A bit of a pain in the **** to do but well worth it in the end.

white2lSR
02-10-08, 01:28 PM
Now i just need to source a replacement

AlexW
02-10-08, 01:33 PM
Isnt that the same bit as the standard merit ones?

Edit: Just had a look, its not.

craig green
02-10-08, 03:02 PM
A coach trimmer will be able to do it.

I've had the fr bolsters replaced on some seats before, cost me £30 & you'd never know it had been touched.

[edit] there was a pair of mint SR rainbow fr seats in my old TD Nova, the chap I sold it to weighed it in as scrap, seats & all! :confused:

BIGS
02-10-08, 03:06 PM
thats crap mate, you havent had much luck lately have you. hope it gets sorted soon

ade
02-10-08, 06:25 PM
it's an easy repair - you can actually remove just the top part of the seat - there a clip down by the seat belt - then the seat just unclips from underneath - you then roll the seat cover back.

It might be easier to repair it from the inside using some duck tape to prevent it tearing further until you can get a replacement panel - and yes the back is the same as the standard Nova seats - it's just vinyl.

Unpicking it is time consuming (I know I've done one) and resewing should really be done using a sewing machine - simply because the piping that runs round the edge also needs to be incirperated. It could be done by hand using the existing holes as a guide but your stitching wouldnt be as strong. - worth a shot though...

white2lSR
02-10-08, 06:30 PM
ill have a look at the scrappy, if there is one ill just cut out the section i need :D

BIGS
21-11-08, 05:54 PM
sorry to dig up a old tread, but did you manage to get hold of that bit your looking for. i might be changing my seats next week and can cut the back bit off for you

white2lSR
21-11-08, 06:06 PM
yea i got one off R1CH on here. Thanks for the offer though!

i'd keep hold of it as they seem to dry and crack, could be worth while in the future

BIGS
21-11-08, 06:07 PM
ok cheers i will do, and if you do need one in the future just ask