PDA

View Full Version : My cars dead! (may as well be)

ade
25-10-02, 10:04 AM
My cars dead :(

Well thats not exactly true - not exactly dead but very very ill!

Discovered its got an aversion wo anything watery - which, when you work in Scotland is a bit of a bummer!

The rain is so bad up here at the mement the spray of the motorway means u have to have yere wipers on full speed!

It also means the spray/water/wetness penetrated my electrics causing my engine to totally fu ck up on the way to work this morning!
:evil:
So much so that it cut out - again! And heres me thinking it was my K&N/warm air thing!

Managed to get to work - gave it a massive blast with almost a complete can of wd40 then came home - coming home was fine.

Got meself a new set of ht leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm and a large tub of vaseline to seal everything. Anyone think of anything else I need to seal electrics wise?

Ade

Chris LR
25-10-02, 11:16 AM
R.I.P your car

The only thing I would consider is electricians PVC tape, the thing is the water will probably get under and it won't do much good. Plastic bags would melt, WD-40 injection????

ade
25-10-02, 04:24 PM
seem to have sorted it - for now anyway...

changed dizzy - moisture in the cap. Chamged rotor arm - looked a little worn. changed ht leads and got somw 1/2 decent ones - fitted a 2ltr bottle end over the dizzy and leads to keep pout any major splashes.

Gave the carb a blast with some carb cleaner - teiddled the idle mixture a little to get it to run a little smoother - v erattis initially - think the mox was too lean.

Took it for a quick test run for about 20 miles up and down the motorway and all seemed fine - accleration is back, doesnt judder or stall when I slow down and seems to idle ok.

I'll need to wait and see on Monday when I'm next at work to see if it konks out again!

In the meantime, I've managed to wangle the rest of the day off work.

thing is I'm bored...weathers too shite to do anything more on the car - not in the mood to play with it anyway!

at least it runs sweet - again...

:D