PDA

View Full Version : Why can't people keep there opinions to themselves?

Breeny
24-10-02, 10:50 PM
If you havnt got anything worth saying, then why say it at all? It will only get people wound up. For example constructive comments on the feature cars sections... I know this has already been commented on but just thing about it, one thing may look shit to you but to other people, they may love it.

Basically all i'm saying is dont go round calling everyones cars shit, to you they may inferior in every way you can think of but to them its there pride and joy.

Persoanlly I mod my car the way I want to, therefore I don't really care what other peoples opinions of it are but even if it does get commented on, it still causes me grief if people say it looks crap etc.

To those who dont like my car and like to comment on it (unconstructively) a big F K C U O F F and
G E T S T U F F E D

Thank you for reading :D

Graeme

Matt Finary
24-10-02, 10:54 PM
Well said Breeny :!:

Matt :D

carltoncrazy
24-10-02, 10:59 PM
lol,i think ur cars kl,
but il put my hands up n say im guilty of the above defence,
breeny jus outa intrest r u short as in height wise?

Breeny
24-10-02, 11:03 PM
Sorry Hayz this is not meant as a dig as you. Yes i am quite short, 5 ft 7. Short n Sweet :D

carltoncrazy
24-10-02, 11:09 PM
nah dont worry bout it i didnt take it as a dig,fought u were short,
ok nw

ade
25-10-02, 01:15 AM
I still think the option to add comments on the galleries is a bad one. Its a gallery - to be viewed. You dont see the tate gallery showing pictures with a "write your comment here" next to it.

E.G - Mona Lisa - beutiful woman with a sly grin - v famous

"Post your comment here"
Eric fram Glasgae - Aye - pish so it is - looks like shes givan sum geeza oot a that frame a wank n that!

Bobby fram Sheffield - bag a shite - me pigeon culd do better - looks like she sat on a dildo!

and so on.

Give people the opportunity to abuse and they will. you could stick the best car in the world there and someone would slag it off. Why give them to ammunition to do it in the 1st place.

Take the toys from the babies until they can grow up and play fair. Npt that we are babies but its caused probs in the past why put up with it - save yersleves some work

(in my opinion)

Ade
(grumpy old git)

wisewood
25-10-02, 02:17 AM
Ade has a point, if a function of the site is causing more harm than good why not simply have it removed (and yes i know kev spent a long time sorting the feature cars section, and it would be yet more work for him to edit it to remove the comments section) but for every good comment there are two bad. The thing is open to abuse and unless something is added to allow owners of featured cars to screen the messages they want shown, I cant see the problem going away.

There are a lot of people using this site at the moment (not gonna mention any names) who slag off other people, and their opinions and cars seemingly without thinking about what they are saying first, and then argue like hell about it.

It is ridiculous really, but like Ade said, the feature cars section is more open to it that anything else... and this should be a presentation area, not a utility for slagging people off.

Anyway... rant over. :D

Tilly
25-10-02, 03:11 AM
Grrrrrrr at the end of the day this is a nova site Modded or not we still all own Novas so shut your asses up keep comments to ur selves cause this getting perthetic bitchy school girl action

Jim
25-10-02, 09:46 AM
"Why can't people keep there opinions to themselves?" The main reason people express their opinions is because they can comment over the internet from the security of their home. Whenever we meet up you hardly hear comments from people regarding what they've seen. If you do, there usually positive comments. It's not until we can get back into a safe environment when the truth comes out.

It also comes down to a minority. Some people wish to have all the attention in the world. When someone else comes along with something bigger, faster, or better looking, the minority get upset that there car is no longer in the limelight.

I've said it before...opinions are nice, but only when there positive. I've spent alot of money on my car, to have someone slag it off is an insult to the time, money and work that's gone into it. I know my car has it's faults, in truth I think we could all go round our cars and pick out loads of faults. At the end of the day, we've done as much as we can do. Some of us have a higher budget and we all have different tatstes. Some of us do the work ourselves and some of us pay the "proffesionals" to do it.

We all know how much effort has gone into our cars, its the minority of c**ts that go around slagging peoples cars off that don't understand. These people are out just to annoy us and most of the time they succeed. They aren't making any friends by being d**ks so let them do what they want. In the end these people are actually cowards that don't have the guts to say what they think to our faces. As agressive as Hayzsr's footer is, he's actually right...If you wouldn't say it to our faces, then don't say it at all.

Jim

Chris LR
25-10-02, 11:04 AM
I will admit that some of my comments may not have been constructive or fair, but I have now put my own car on, make of it what you will.

carltoncrazy
25-10-02, 11:18 AM
me agressive? :lol: surely u must have the rong guy officer.
that footers there 4 many reson but il thro my hands up in the air and i did make sum crap comments but end of the day its an opion,
i dunno how much work kev did,or how much work it will take,
but cant u make it so every comment is check b4 getting posted,like wen u post ur own car up

MattyWoo
25-10-02, 11:31 AM
Hayz you could make it so every comment is authorised before appearing, but i think the point tryin to be made here is that people shouldn't be posting negative comments in the first place

carltoncrazy
25-10-02, 04:37 PM
yeh i understand that but as long as it there we`re always gonna have vistor take the piss,
only a suggest
chill winston

Jim
25-10-02, 04:42 PM
He wasn't having a go Hayz.

carltoncrazy
25-10-02, 07:13 PM
i no he wasnt,
if my reply seemed like i thought he was havin ago,
then my opligise to mattywoo,as i didnt not take his comment affencivly.

?Marty?
25-10-02, 11:56 PM
I haven't added a single comment to the features galery. As far as i remember.

Also, with any kind of feature car, aspecially one's that have had more work done on them, it is far easier to pick faults and name things you dislike, rather than name the things you do like.

Nova-Flair
26-10-02, 12:07 PM
i think that if used properly the comments section on the gallery can be really useful to some owners if there have been constructive comments made. Unfortunately as slim jim says u get some arse who is hiding behind their computer slagging other peoples cars off, which at the end of the day is out of order especially when in most cases a lot of hard work and time has been thrown at the car in question.

ScorpionOrg12
27-10-02, 02:06 AM
I think Breeny has hit the nail on the head with his first post. No-one builds a car for other people to like, you build it for yourself and because you like it.

At the end of the day we all have different opinions and sadly theses maybe be expressed in negative ways (ie slating).

Its sad when people cant look beyond a car to see how much work the owners has put into :cry:

Some people should really think before they post and see how it would feel if the roles were reversed :(

:!: Please note: my comments above are in no way targeted at certain people or person. These are just what I think in general about people slating other peoples cars :!:

*Scorps climbs down of his soap box

GR
27-10-02, 06:40 PM
One of the main aspect's that makes modifying Nova's, or any car for that matter, is the fact that everyone is different.
What would the world be like if everyone made the same modification's, had the same colour's, wheel's, interior's and so on.

There is a big difference between constructive critisicm and taking the piss.
Before you knock someone off their highground, imagine for a few moments before adding comments, how you would feel if it was you on the other end of the firing line.

I've always beleived in the very simple phrase :

" Think, Before you Speak " .

G

carltoncrazy
27-10-02, 06:53 PM
i did thnk b4 i type
still think a certain cars a pill of shit but thats my opion,
if u think of it like that everythjing we say is an opion,
so surly any coment is an opion??????????
but yeh negative ones do prooke reactions,on my stanz i sed my comment and i didnt want a reaction,but i got one,
however if no1 sed ne fing,the owner may never get any ideas.
sadly nova`s r running outa ideas,
and they r lookin 20yrs old
however a new corsa or my old sr??????the sr n e day.
i do fink the comment bits shul b removed tho,i agree wiv ade here

dan16v
27-10-02, 08:08 PM
hmm yea in a way bad comments are constructive but if it is some one realy bein an ass then bollocks to them! :x
not every one has the money to realy mod there motor so dont diss! just coz sum ones motor isnt a show car who cares? there having fun and thats wat counts! 8)
weve all been there 1st car, big sun strips anodised blue stuff hanging off every where but its just a phase at the time you think ur cool but then u mature and you opinions change. :o
the main annoying comment peps round my way ask me are when are you gunna colour code your bumpers :evil: :evil:
err thats how i want them!
its personal preference and thats that :wink:

carltoncrazy
27-10-02, 10:00 PM
i think urs look gd as it is personnal,
dan how can u diss the blue stuff
ur b slaggin off furry dice next :roll: :lol:

dan16v
28-10-02, 08:29 PM
yes hayz but u seem to have missed one mod that we all should have!
NEON WASHER JETS! :lol:

carltoncrazy
28-10-02, 09:57 PM
and the go fast st!!!