PDA

View Full Version : wot colour grill??

TUBZGSXR
24-10-02, 10:29 PM
im gona get the bats sport bumper (2) and im think im gona have 17inc gold five spokes, im thinkin that praps id have gold mesh as well, in the bumper and the grill... or just get the grill and bumper mesh sprayed the same black as the rest of the car......... wot dya reakon ???!!

ade
25-10-02, 01:26 AM
you need to watch it aint too tacky.

If theres LOTS of mesh select a small area to do gold and black the rest

You can also mesh the grill under the windscreen if u aint done so already.

Less is definately more in my opinion

You want something that catches the eye not take it out and ram it up yer anus - a black car is sleek and understated 0 goild wheels will make it stand out - a small anount of gold on the front will finish it off.

Thats what I think anyway.

Ade

Nova-Boy
25-10-02, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a good coulour sceme. All black with just a touch of gold here and there. Try not to put gold all over the spot it will spoil the effect :wink:

Jim
25-10-02, 09:20 AM
I've got a black car and they are hard to match up with another colour. If you go over the top it will look tacky. At the end of the day it's just a colour, so you can get the Alloys sprayed up another colour if you aren't happy with it, and the mesh can be easily replaced and isn't that expensive.

Jim

?Marty?
26-10-02, 12:38 AM
Get gold mesh. Plus there's different designs too - i prefer one's with round roles drilled into it.

If you decide it doesn't look good, you can allways colourcode it black to match your car.

TUBZGSXR
26-10-02, 09:22 AM
were can i get gold mesh from?? i live next to cambridge.......

ade
27-10-02, 01:17 AM
Get standard fine mesh from B&Q - diagonal grid - ?10 for a BIG sheet

Get some gold paint - ?3.99

Spray it - lacquer it for added impact protection.

Hey presto - gold mesh!

(cheaper than buying proper gold mesh which if you can get it will cost a bomb!)

?Marty?
27-10-02, 11:50 PM
Can't remember where to get gold mesh from. But it's anodised, so not cheap. I think it was ?20, but for quite a small piece. I just bought some (silver) at ?28 per 30cm by 1 metre. Not that cheap really. And i needed four of the fuckers.