PDA

View Full Version : 6 dial clocks into my luxe

ell_worrell
30-09-08, 11:51 PM
i have already got the four dial clocks fitted with speedo revcounter temperature and petrol gauges.

what would i need to do in order to get the battery meter and the oil pressure gauges working on the 6dial clocks ?

Any help/ideas would apreciate help thanks

Dave.
01-10-08, 01:23 AM
to get the oil gauge to work youll need a 2 point oil sender from the engine of a sr gte or gsi, otherwise the needle will go right off the scale... if you dont mind this then you may aswell live with it.. but not sure on mot failure etc

for the battery its simply plug and play, nothing else needed.. works on its own :thumb:

Jack
01-10-08, 09:13 AM
Oil pressure gauge reading wonky won't be an MOT fail.

ell_worrell
01-10-08, 03:50 PM
where abouts is that on the engine? the 2 point oil sender, and do all i have to do is replace it ?

Nova_Tek
01-10-08, 08:00 PM
Should be behind the drivers side wheel, remove the wheel, locate your oil pump and its normally in that region. You'll notice it as it will probably be the only thing down at that part of the engine with a wire attached to it. Someone with a Luxe will confirm as mine is a 1.2 carb.

Once you find the oil pressure switch get a socket that fits or a spanner undo it and fit in its place a nice 2 plug sender. Then run a wire from the sender into the back of the clock and hey presto.

Spudly
02-10-08, 11:40 AM
The sender/switch is behind the block near the alternator, remove off-side front wheel and you will see it screwed into the block with a wire coming off it, should be just behind the alternator belt, if youre lucky the "other" plug will be taped up the wire a little further up the loom and the plug will be there at the clock end, if not just add your own wire and it plugs seperately onto the back of the clocks you should see a solitary spade terminal on the back to plug it on to.
The pressure senders came on the early SR`s the GTE`s and GSi`s so you will need one from a suitable donor first.

ell_worrell
02-10-08, 04:38 PM
oh by the way im sorry i didnt mention it before. ive got a c20ne engine will this already have a 2 point sender on it ?

Nova_Tek
02-10-08, 08:36 PM
No, unless the last owner fitted one. The sensor on that engine is again directly below the alternator at the bottom backside of the engine.