PDA

View Full Version : Has any body used one of these??

Tim
30-09-08, 09:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIR-SAND-BLASTER-KIT-QUALITY-AIR-TOOLS-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ130258348758QQihZ003QQcategoryZ30906Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just windered if anybody has tried one of these, what sand do you use??

tim

calibra-keith
30-09-08, 10:09 PM
what do you want it for ? small parts with cabinet or large bits like a shell lol think they call it free air or open air in the trade ? i got a cheap one from transtools was ok aswell but there are mainy products you can use like glass beads and sand (but not beach sand) not sure on the name now its been abit since iv done it.

Tim
30-09-08, 10:11 PM
wanted it for some difficult spots in the engine bay, or should i just get the nitromoors out???

calibra-keith
30-09-08, 10:23 PM
well it wont cost alot and as long as you have a way of containg it so you can re-feed/re-use what ever you choose to blast it off then id say go for it, if i had somewere to do it id be doing it on my project/WIP but sadly i dont but its what ever easyer for you but at a few pounds get the few bits anyway you never know you may find some thing else you can use it on thats smaller and can do in a container inside shed/garage :thumb:

Tim
30-09-08, 11:25 PM
where do you get the sand ???

ade
01-10-08, 03:22 AM
you normally use very finely crushed walnut shells with some other grit medium rather than actual sand nowadays - its mega messy as it gets everywhere and you need a powerful enough comperessor to force it out fast enough. You'll also need a wad of the medium if you cant reclaim the spent medium. Depending what your blasting I'd recommend a fresh air resporator and decent coveralls too - it's like being in control of a sand storm and although your aiming local the particles are really fine they can cause lung damage...so I've heard.

But then so does 2 pak but that doesnt stop peoiple spraying it with normal paint masks on.

mowgli
01-10-08, 07:27 PM
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_5184.htm

it works great on spots & tight spaces & comes with loads of blasting grit.

see if your local store still has some in stock