PDA

View Full Version : Electricians please read!

Andy
30-09-08, 06:41 PM
Hoping theres some on here because i dont know any round here,all im after is a bit of advice please.My house smoke alarm is electric not battery opperated,it keeps beeping every minute like the battery powered ones do when the battery is shafted.Its keeping my little girl up at night and thus me aswell:mad: (I start work at 6:mad:) How,if any way,can i either-A-Fix it or B turn the bastad thing off!! I have tried turning it off at the main fuseboard but it still does it.It has 3 wires going into the base of it btw.I do have B+Q open nearby still to get a new one,IF the only option is to put my hammer through itlol

Stuart
30-09-08, 06:42 PM
it will have a battery backup which is now flat.... change the battery and all will be well

Mike
30-09-08, 06:43 PM
Its turned off at the consumer unit (breaker) and its still bleeping?

Hhhhmmmm. Hammer the fcuker lol lol

Andy
30-09-08, 06:44 PM
The 9v type? Mate your a star,its ruined my life for 3 days lol
+rep added!!

General Baxter
30-09-08, 06:45 PM
i have a few mains powered ones, that would not shut up, so i took a hammer to them, I'm rather worried about the 'warning radiation' sign on it lol

Andy
30-09-08, 06:45 PM
Its turned off at the consumer unit (breaker) and its still bleeping?

Hhhhmmmm. Hammer the fcuker lol lol
Hey i was ready to,even had my estwing sat at the bottom of the stairs lol lol

Andy
30-09-08, 06:46 PM
i have a few mains powered ones, that would not shut up, so i took a hammer to them, I'm rather worried about the 'warning radiation' sign on it lol
Lmao i saw that,its supposed to be a "gasket" I thought with the radioactive malarky id better wear a dustmask lol lol

General Baxter
30-09-08, 06:47 PM
Lmao i saw that,its supposed to be a "gasket" I thought with the radioactive malarky id better wear a dustmask lol lol

lol at dustmask :thumb:

Andy
30-09-08, 06:48 PM
Safety is paramount baxter lol lol lol

Spudly
30-09-08, 06:56 PM
So if we hear on the news that a street in scarborough had been closed off due to a radiation leak then we will know its you then mate lol

Btw, you forgotten how to reply to texts ya donut?

Andy
30-09-08, 07:00 PM
Nah its fixed now lol

MK999
30-09-08, 09:05 PM
Smoke alarms use alpha radiation to detect smoke, doesn't go more than 3cm in air, pretty safe unless you eat it lol Although when you do get close it's the most 'destructive' type of radiation, so don't eat it :thumb:

John
30-09-08, 09:08 PM
This thread reminds me of the old Pheobe friends sketch, random i know.......