PDA

View Full Version : MY MK1 Turbo

BEN187NOVA
30-09-08, 11:56 AM
hi evry one its my birthday today and im 28 booo getting on now .

i think its time to sell my nova as its been out 3 times this year poor thing i have just put a mot on it and tax as well , i think it needs a new owner as im not using it any more .

im starting up another company and need some money back from the old girl to fund my new van so what do you think its worth as im very confused as the prices seems to range between 3.5k to 6k . its had a lot of work done and im never going to get my money back on it but thats not why i built it .

i will probably cry like a little girl when i sell it but times change and cash is needed.

pics on piston heads if needed, will get the link up in a min iv just had my computer wiped as it had about 1000 trojans so pic links are all missing

BEN187NOVA
30-09-08, 11:57 AM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/593391.htm

Pistol Pete
30-09-08, 12:00 PM
Try cars for sale. :) Smart looking Nova BTW.

Ben
30-09-08, 12:03 PM
The fact the advert is 46days old and youve still got it tells me one thing (which i knew when i looked at the advert!)

Its too expensive!

Why do people add up everything they have spent on a car and then try to sale it for that!

calibra-keith
30-09-08, 12:29 PM
The fact the advert is 46days old and youve still got it tells me one thing (which i knew when i looked at the advert!)

Its too expensive!

Why do people add up everything they have spent on a car and then try to sale it for that!

agreed. 5k can get you one hell of a nova and do it from scratch with alot of new parts, its worse when they try tell you how long and the amount of work has gone into it hoping that it will think yes its worth that amount but it just doesn't work lol

looks a good nova like but sorry in my eyes its not 5k's worth :thumb:

Ben
30-09-08, 12:36 PM
For £5k you can get a far better car than a Nova!

calibra-keith
30-09-08, 12:38 PM

very true lol but you know what i mean, if you did want it to be a nova and had 5k it would be one nice nova.

BEN187NOVA
30-09-08, 12:49 PM
cheers bud but if i put it up for what i have spent on it it would be about £15 grand i have receipts to prove this as well .

as for For £5k you can get a far better car than a Nova! yes we all know that but if your after a let one build it your self and see how much it costs ?

calibra-keith
30-09-08, 12:59 PM
cheers bud but if i put it up for what i have spent on it it would be about £15 grand i have receipts to prove this as well .

as for For £5k you can get a far better car than a Nova! yes we all know that but if your after a let one build it your self and see how much it costs ?

true in a way, but afew years ago when most people paid for the conversion it was alot were as most now do it there selfs and at very little cost. in alot of peoples eyes even if it been done at a garage it dont seem to bump the price up much more than one of us doing it down our drive unless its just been done and comes with a guarentie and thats not likely to happen, wish you luck with the sale (and new business) :thumb:

BEN187NOVA
30-09-08, 01:07 PM
yer cheers fella, just gets me that people seem to think its easy and could do it they could be botherd . it took me ages to source the best parts and then put it together . maybe il just swap for a m3 which i have been offered then sell that either way its got to go which is weird as i have had it for 8 years now its a part of me which i will miss , also i will miss putting chavs and scooby drivers in there place there is no feeling like it .

that bloody nova is passing me says the guy on the bike

Pistol Pete
30-09-08, 01:13 PM
Your other option would be to break it up for spares. Might get more funds that way?

BEN187NOVA
30-09-08, 01:18 PM
yer thats not a bad idea just need the room to do it , if i get my new unit that could be the best idea .

might put my old 1600 back in as i love the engine so much fun

Ben
30-09-08, 01:20 PM
thats always an option as well, put it back to a lower spec, sale the higher spec parts eg LET gearbox etc and then sale it as a standard ish car, will end up with more than your asking price for little effort.

Can do the engine swap in less than a day.

SRimon
30-09-08, 01:26 PM
I hate when people say

You can get a lot more car for £5000 fair enough, but he's advertising on a Nova owners club forum! Where else would he find someone who know's the costs that go into building one?!!!

Stupid response really. If its as good as it says, then theres quite a few LET'd Nova's sold for around that figure (Simps, yellownova's, K95 VHD (not even a LET!!!))

Ben
30-09-08, 01:36 PM
Hes not advertising it for sale on here, asked opinions if you read the thread, otherwise whys it not in the for sale section!

SRimon
30-09-08, 01:49 PM
Obviously wanting to sell it though, thats by the by

Ben
30-09-08, 01:51 PM
so to ask peoples opinions we can only reply with yes mate its a bargain!

Like i said its been for sale for 6 weeks, that tells me something, its not a bargain. i agree it is a nice car and i actually like it, its just overpriced IMO!

game1
30-09-08, 01:54 PM
With all cars it only needs the right buyer. I just paid £4,700 for my yellow let and have been on the look out for one for quite a while. I saw yours on pistonheads, did a hpi check on it and car has been a total loss before. It was before you owned the car and did the conversion, that may not be helping the sale.

BEN187NOVA
30-09-08, 02:08 PM
hi simon are you talking about my nova was a total loss ? as i know nothing of it .

on another note thanks for the suport as i am going to put on this site for sale just wanted to gauge interest , i agree with what you say im not asking to much i might as well of burnt my money for what im getting back on it .

all it needs is someone wanting it

game1
30-09-08, 02:20 PM
Iirc it was a cat D in 1999. Not trying to put people off, if you knew nothing about it and know one tells you, may be a/the reason why.

BEN187NOVA
30-09-08, 02:24 PM
just did RAC check and yes it was a cat d in 99 , must have been just a bump cos it has no metal work done , such a shock i felt sick then but its only a d so cat of been that bad and what would a GTE been worth in 99 not a lot .

i hope thsi will not put people off , any inspection welcome its had new wings and full paint 2 years ago and a patch welded in the boot when i 1st got it . i have never seen any other damage . it ws bought of a couple in wimbeldon very posh people .

is there anny way i can get more info for my £5 hpi check

Pistol Pete
30-09-08, 02:33 PM
AFAIK HPI will tell you what you already know and also about any outstanding finance. You've had it up for sale for over a month, TBH i doubt people will be looking to buy cars like yours right know. If it was me i would either stick the 1600 back in and sell it along with th LET, or break it.My 2p worth. Good luck with it all.

BEN187NOVA
30-09-08, 04:52 PM
im getting it removed as it was a mistake yippeeeeeee no i was not a total loss

game1
30-09-08, 05:14 PM
im getting it removed as it was a mistake yippeeeeeee no i was not a total loss

:thumb: good to hear, hold out for the right money as it looks a nice car :thumb:

Adam
30-09-08, 05:23 PM
For £500 you can have a far better car than a nova lol, whats your point?

If you like a car, you will pay over the odds for one :)

dan16v
30-09-08, 07:06 PM
I almost let myne go for 4k!, which would make it a massive bargain with parts!
Cant see the one in the thread has any thing special on it? 3-4k?

Nick J
30-09-08, 07:49 PM

Are you mad Dan! I would certainly say yours is worth a few more pennys than that! Seems when people have an c20let in there engine bay the nova suddenly becomes worth a fortune? Not saying its not a nice car as it may be but wow there certainly seems to be some people chasing unrealistic prices at the moment imo, few others on pistonheads at the mo too.....

game1
30-09-08, 09:02 PM

If you'd let yours go for 4k - then let me know as i'd be round tomorrow with the $$$$ for it :thumb:

dan16v
30-09-08, 09:11 PM
To be fair that was in its current state! 100% complete, just needed the ecu mod completing which was a £200ish job!, thats been done now! will await some more progress!:)

game1
30-09-08, 09:15 PM
To be fair that was in its current state! 100% complete, just needed the ecu mod completing which was a £200ish job!, thats been done now! will await some more progress!:)

So would 4k buy the car then :confused:

dan16v
30-09-08, 09:17 PM
Id love to say yes, but ive had it since i was 19 and just cannot sell it!lol

game1
30-09-08, 09:20 PM
Id love to say yes, but ive had it since i was 19 and just cannot sell it!lol

:roll: whats 6 years of your life, just think of all those years ahead of you :thumb: lol

RJM25R
30-09-08, 09:27 PM
I hate when people say

You can get a lot more car for £5000 fair enough, but he's advertising on a Nova owners club forum! Where else would he find someone who know's the costs that go into building one?!!!

Stupid response really. If its as good as it says, then theres quite a few LET'd Nova's sold for around that figure (Simps, yellownova's, K95 VHD (not even a LET!!!))

VHD sold for 4 grand to an enthusiast, then went back up for 4500 with speedlines and standard lights and didn't get a sniff. There's not the same market anymore, what with 02 plate typer's for 5k and 2001 Scoobs for 4500.

dan16v
30-09-08, 09:58 PM
Fair play Rick, it realy is down to a target market!, the way i see the car VHD, its just a clean 16v nova, in the same way i see myne as a clean let nova! if people want/will pay a premium for a known car, then thats up to them (and good for the owner!), i know i wouldn't though!

game1
30-09-08, 10:13 PM
Disagree to be fair. Yes 4-5k may be alot for a Nova, but it all depends how and what you want to use it for. I plan to use mine on the track and do a few 1/4 mile runs. Also to suprise quite a few cars on the open road. Just because it's old and a nova, doesn't mean you can't have fun. Mine for example has a receipt for turbo, mainfold and wastegate that were purchased new in May this year for just under 2k alone.

Yes you can buy a scooby, type r to name but a few, but don't think you'd have half as much fun in them to be honest.

Ben
30-09-08, 11:29 PM
I could build a LET powered nova for a £500 budget, is that worth £5k? not saying it would be like the car this guy is selling, but ask for opinions and you get them, i agree with Rick for once (dont say that often!)

Also on the HPi thing, how did the insure company randomly make a mistake and catogerise a random car? Ive heard and owned cars that have been given the Wrong catergory eg a Cat B which should of been a Cat C and that was then reinstated to a C was a clerical cock up. But someone in the insurance company plucks a car from the computer and puts a marker against it, odd.

And the fact that 6 hrs ago this was completly unknown and now its been found out, managed to find out which company insured the car in 1999, got hold of the relevant dept and managed to get an instant answer that it was a mistake, come on!

Dan give me a PM before you ever advertise your car.

RJM25R
01-10-08, 05:20 PM
Yes you can buy a scooby, type r to name but a few, but don't think you'd have half as much fun in them to be honest.

Subjective comment which I'd have to disagree with!

RJM25R
01-10-08, 05:21 PM
:eek:
I could build a LET powered nova for a £500 budget, is that worth £5k? not saying it would be like the car this guy is selling, but ask for opinions and you get them, i love Rick (dont say that often!)

Edited for truth :thumb: :eek:

BEN187NOVA
02-10-08, 09:34 AM
I could build a LET powered nova for a £500 budget, is that worth £5k? not saying it would be like the car this guy is selling, but ask for opinions and you get them, i agree with Rick for once (dont say that often!)

Also on the HPi thing, how did the insure company randomly make a mistake and catogerise a random car? Ive heard and owned cars that have been given the Wrong catergory eg a Cat B which should of been a Cat C and that was then reinstated to a C was a clerical cock up. But someone in the insurance company plucks a car from the computer and puts a marker against it, odd.

And the fact that 6 hrs ago this was completly unknown and now its been found out, managed to find out which company insured the car in 1999, got hold of the relevant dept and managed to get an instant answer that it was a mistake, come on!

yer its sounds like im lying but i genuinely didnt know the car was hit in 1999 as i bought it for £400 9 years ago as a shed and didnt bother to check, until it was mentioned on here by a guy who looked at it and done his home work i agree it sounds unlikey but its true .

i then have a mate who has access to insurance datails and he confirmed that it was recorded in 1999 as a cat d (big deal) but i asked him to find out what happend and apparently there was a mistake and it will be getting removed it dosent happen offen i agree but face it things do go wrong .

just to any one thats interested in the car they can come and inspect the car i would be willing to put on axel stands as there is nothing wrong with it .also the work its had done to it over the last 9 years has been extensive as any one who knows there biscuits knows what sort of work you need to do for a 300+bhp let conversion , better than vauxhall did

i have receipts for the engine build alone what exceed the asking price h-beam rods, arp bots head work lightend and balenced botton end hybrid garret turbo so i disagree that its not that special it has og clocks and mk1 dash which was a nightmare to get to work as you have to machine the mechanical speedo drive for the f28 .

all i wanted to know was whats it worth and has any one sold one recently .

by the way Ben what do you drive , as i belive that a nova is far more fun than any tossy scooby or type r ricer, it has more character and is cooler than being the same as every one and i think £5k is not a lot of money for a good nova

RJM25R
02-10-08, 11:16 AM
by the way Ben what do you drive , as i belive that a nova is far more fun than any tossy scooby or type r ricer, it has more character and is cooler than being the same as every one and i think £5k is not a lot of money for a good nova

It was me that mentioned Jap stuff, and for the record I drive a 280/306 Impreza that would absolutely positively hand you your a$$ in any situation so I KNOW that it's more fun than a Nova, and as far as character is concerned, I think that you could argue that 6-times WRC winning car may be classed as having as much character as a Nova? And Nova, cool?!! You havin a laugh?!!!!

IMHO £5k wouldn't be too much for say Nick J's Nova, or Geordiechris, or Novacabrio's but I do think it's too much for yours!

PS I LOVE Nova's, I'm just realistic!

BEN187NOVA
02-10-08, 11:20 AM
of course you would sweet heart iv already got many chocolate engine unimprestas under my belt , and my main car is a super charged e39 540i quite happlily met and distroy a ****ty ricer car .. nob head

RJM25R
02-10-08, 04:11 PM
Er, yeah right ok.:roll:

BEN187NOVA
02-10-08, 04:20 PM
you know where i live , pop down if your jap tuner will make it without throwing a rod , some people can dish it but cant take it .

go brush your hair ****ing style ****er in his scooby

Pistol Pete
02-10-08, 04:52 PM

RJM25R
02-10-08, 04:55 PM
:roll:

Jack
02-10-08, 04:57 PM
Now now children, play nice. We're all entitled to our opinions, and not everyone (myself included) finds Novas to be the most fun cars around. Personally, my Celica puts a bigger smile on my face than the Nova, but thats just my preference.

If someone wants to pay top dollar for a well-spec'ed Nova, I'm sure they will. As is always said on here, value is down to the buyer and seller, nobody else, and as novas become rarer and more heavily modified it becomes a lot harder to value them. Plus, traditionally this isn't a good time to sell a car, let alone the media hype over the supposed bad world economic situation. I'd agree with the views on removing the engine and selling separate, I think you'd probably make a bit more money that way and have more luck selling.

Pistol Pete
02-10-08, 04:58 PM
Cant really be ar$ed getting into a pointles arguement. But hey... You have a Scooby which you obviously enjoy driving. He has a Nova which for some reason he thinks is way cooler and has more charecter than anything else! Ok then!! lol Then he goes on to say he has a 'charged BMW E39 540i. So that is less cooler than a Nova? I'm building a valver and given the choice i know what i'd rather have!!

BEN187NOVA
02-10-08, 05:05 PM
hey its just a big ol beemer , plus the fact its my daily driver so i dont love it as much as my nova and iv had her for years so i have a connection with it . the beemer is a tool much like the guy with the scooby he he .

fair point maybe i have two many cars as i also have a corsa c which is speced up big time and a joy to drive as well but for me it will always be the nova .

i have had so much stick over the years driving the nova over the beemer people think im mad but its what does it for me .

must be something to do with every one picks on you in a nova , you find people dont **** with you in a 540i especially with a vortex charger screaming away . **** mpg though 6 to the gallon with foot down

RJM25R
02-10-08, 05:13 PM
I always find it amusing when somebody has ALWAYS got a "Main car" thats faster than a Veyron thats never been mentioned previously.

"Oh yeah, I've got a Concorde as my main car an thats faster than you!"

Also it never ceases to amaze me how much more mature the VW/Subaru clubs are, how people can listen to other peoples opinions without resorting to "***ing this" and "****ing that" or maybe it's just because I'm 35 and married with children?

BEN187NOVA
02-10-08, 05:30 PM
makes sense your an old **** then , and your bitter that your wife made you sell your novas its only a 540i not a concord prick .

im married dosnt make you any more grown up , why are you on this site if you dont even own a vauxhall go play with the other retatrds on subaru sites .

plus why can t people have more than 1 car i own 2 businesses earn lots of money and do what the **** i want .

so the reply will now be oh yer i have 40 companys as well, your supposed to be grown up i thought why get involved in petty arguments.

bitter old man

Pistol Pete
02-10-08, 05:33 PM
lol, mate give it a rest! He said in his previous posts he likes Novas, and i'm sure he used to own one. You say being married doesnt make you any more grown up, from your posts that is clearly evident! Your the one giving it the big one, arguing the toss! You asked for ideas on how much your car was worth, you got answers, someone gave you a comment about jap cars and you have gone off on one!!??

RJM25R
02-10-08, 05:46 PM
makes sense your an old **** then , and your bitter that your wife made you sell your novas its only a 540i not a concord prick .

im married dosnt make you any more grown up , why are you on this site if you dont even own a vauxhall go play with the other retatrds on subaru sites .

plus why can t people have more than 1 car i own 2 businesses earn lots of money and do what the **** i want .

so the reply will now be oh yer i have 40 companys as well, your supposed to be grown up i thought why get involved in petty arguments.

bitter old man

Do you know my wife? Because SHE also owned nova's before. . . .

As far as being a retard I have a degree in electronics and electrical engineering (Bsc) and that's a pretty difficult thing to do if you are mentally challenged (reading your posts thus far, I suspect you may know more than me on that particular subject anyway :thumb: )

Also, don't own ANY companies, but if I did, I'd be disappointed that I only had a Nova and an old 540i to show for it kid.

As far as money is concerned, I'm pretty sure that I will earn more than most people, but clearly if you can't even spend a £10 note on making yourself a member (I am a paid member, and as you rightly pointed out I don't even own a vauxhall car) you must be pretty skint :thumb:

As far as bitter is concerned, maybe you should backtrack through the whole thread to the point when I said that my Scoob will destroy (See how I spelled it correctly?) your Nova, and consider if it is , in fact, Yourself who is bitter.

I thank you

Jack
02-10-08, 05:54 PM
Bedtime