PDA

View Full Version : Nova C20XE anti roll bar clearence

sparkie1401
29-09-08, 08:56 PM
can some please confirm the following......................................... ............

i had my tie bars modified/extended to accomadate a aluminium spacer block which i purchased from courtenay to clear the manifold as courtenay told me the spacer blocks u get with the M tech conversion kit are the best solution

so why is it that when i tried to put my front anti roll bar on it still touches the exhaust manifold, am i to asume the courtenay method was a waste of time and i still need to put the spacer blocks at the front of the roll bar ?

they also told me this would help the cars traction and i wouldn't need the other space blocks, im confused?

this happened to anyone else b4?

a2lt16v
30-09-08, 07:51 AM
did they tell you to lower the tie bar mounts that bolt to the front cross member to help the traction

i havent personally fitted the roll bar to mine but i was under the impression that the small blocks were to lower the antiroll bar only

sparkie1401
30-09-08, 07:56 AM
yes they did

to improve traction and clear the manifold, they said the other way wasnt as good, a quyick fix if u like

but it still catches so im assuming i still need to use the blocks to seperate th roll bar

i had my tie bars re fabricated by an inch i think

RSTChris
30-09-08, 08:12 AM
Is the ARB the right way round? silly question i know but check

The Simps
30-09-08, 08:57 AM
Is the ARB the right way round? silly question i know but check

and how much did you lower by? obviously not enough?

loggyboy
30-09-08, 09:46 AM
Well the easy way is to not bother with the ARB at all, the majority of XE owners agree it handles as well (if not better) without it. Ive not heard of modifying/extending tie bars before.. the only thin I was aware of that was tie bar related was the slight triming of the bottom of the gearbox casing so it doesnt catch the tiebar.

sparkie1401
30-09-08, 10:40 AM
i didnt think it possible to get the ARb the wrong way round? but ill check, but it fits on the underneath so can only fit 1 way

i lowered/ re faabricated the tie bars to acommodate the spacer blocks i purchased

and loogyboy ill speak with courtenay but most likely consider your option about not using the ARB

Ernie
30-09-08, 10:48 AM
I had the blocks fitted to my old xe nova and did catch a few times on the exhaust so i unbolted the 4 brackets and slid it forward untill it was not against it any more.
You will need a 13mm on a ratched and a hammer to tap the arb forward then bolt back up.
It worked on mine fine then just an idear.

sparkie1401
30-09-08, 10:55 AM
cheers ernie

my ARB not even on so positioning it should be a bit easier than u found

did u mean u had the blocks from courtenay which r supposed to lower the Tie bar and ARB as 1 unit?

RSTChris
30-09-08, 11:40 AM
If you look at the ARB its not symetrical, go have a look you'll see what i mean.

Only reason i know this is when i built my 1600 gsi back up i fitted the arb without the exhaust on, when it came to fitting the exhaust the arb was in the way, i turned it the other way round and walaaa