PDA

View Full Version : body roll with coilovers???

*Dave*
29-09-08, 07:26 PM
Hi got a gsi . got spax rsx coilovers which are adjusted to a very hard setting and sitting at about 60mm all round.cd jumps over a cats eye in the road its that stiff!!

the car grips and handles superbly but im still gettin a fair amont of body roll.

iv also polybushed my front anti-roll bar and tie rod bars.
body roll is still there. cant understand it as my mates nova is just on springs and stays dead flat when thrown into a corner and mine is on its side.lol

please help!

cheers.

Adam
29-09-08, 07:33 PM
How low have you got them sitting?
What springs?

Stuart
29-09-08, 07:34 PM
springs are too soft with the damping set too hard.

you should NEVER try to compensate for soft springs with hard damping... worst case you will blow damper seals

*Dave*
29-09-08, 07:39 PM
so i need new springs?

iv got spax springs (purple one's)

a2lt16v
29-09-08, 07:49 PM
apparently according to a lot of hinda tuning companies even if you lower the car you actually can increase the body roll.

it sounds weird but when you see it on a diagram it make sense as it chucks all the angles of the bottom arms out and also moves the picot point of the body.

on the honda type r's they fit taller ball joints after lowering to correct the body roll. im in the process of getting some block made up to put on top of my bottom arms and then put the tie bar and ball joint on top of them this will hopefull push the bottom arm down towards where it would normally be.

Benn
29-09-08, 08:22 PM
springs are too soft with the damping set too hard.

you should NEVER try to compensate for soft springs with hard damping... worst case you will blow damper seals

100% 2nd, i tryed it and found the same thing.
Get a proper set up and the difference is amazing.

ell_worrell
29-09-08, 08:49 PM
yeh i no how you sort that out dave. take off your suspension and use steel bars instead lol