PDA

View Full Version : New...

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 11:52 AM
:) Hey guys, just joined up today and thought i'd introduce myself!
My names Dan, i'm 17 and passed my driving test 3 weeks ago today. I work at Vospers (Ford Dealer) in plymouth as an apprentice mechanic. Been interested in Novas for years and in the last few months decided i'd love to own one and have it as a project car + my daily driver. I bought a Fiesta zetec 1.25 just to keep me ticking over til i get the nova i want so now i can drive the search is on! Looking for a good condition Nova SRi don't mind if it needs a bit of work done on it like rust and things like that...but don't want one that needs £1000s spent on to get it looking reasonable! Would also like a standard one so i would have a blank canvis! If anyone is selling one please contact me :) (Would also be interested in any nova for sale really, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 what ever! But an SRi would be the definate 1st choice) Want it asap aswell! Really can't wait to get one so i can start my project and have something to be really proud of driving :D So if anyone is after a 1.25 fezza and would wanna swap...:thumb: lol

Anyway hope it's alrite to post this topic on this forum!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post too :) Cheers guys and girls

Paul
29-09-08, 12:01 PM
Welcome, put a wanted ad up in the Cars Wanted section.

Good luck in your search!

Paul

tom_beverley
29-09-08, 12:05 PM
Welcome :)

Stoo
29-09-08, 12:06 PM
Well your gonna be more welcome than the usual noobs that sign up by the looks of things!

Welcome and good luck with your search

Riggy
29-09-08, 12:17 PM
welcome to PNG fella :thumb:

L14MNP
29-09-08, 12:20 PM
Welcome mate! Good to see a newbie with some common sense (in all areas) for a change!

Ben
29-09-08, 12:23 PM
ck is selling a MK1 SR and is in Plymouth to,

novait
29-09-08, 12:23 PM
welcome fella...

craig green
29-09-08, 01:09 PM
Welcome Dan. yet another user/member from the South West.

Be sure to find a good base car & get it to some regional meetings & shows.

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome :)

I just looked at CKs Nova on the forum looks good - but i'm swinging more towards a mk2 nova. Should of mentioned that above. I Think they look much better after having money spent on them. Saying that i haven't really looked into any mk1 novas that have had time and money spent on them i'll have a dig round.

craig green
29-09-08, 01:10 PM
Finding the right Nova is a waiting game, esp if you are looking to source it nearby. All the while you can't find one, you will be able to save more towards a nicer condition example.

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 01:29 PM
Well i'll have to sell my fiesta before i can actually buy one. But if i need to sell it quick i hope i'll be able to, it's up for sale now but if i needed to i would drop the price to get the nova i wanted. Think i'll stick with the mk2 vision i have :) i don't mind travelling around to find the right one. Aslong as it's the one for me i'll go anywhere in the UK.

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 02:15 PM
Sorry for the double post - after looking at 'Steves' nova mk1 the brownish sort of one (everyone says it's got a rat look) i just thought it looked amazing. Sort of given me some inspiration for a mk1 now.

Just wondering if someone could tell me the main differences between the mk1 and mk2?

And also any downsides to the mk1?

Thanks guys :)

Jack
29-09-08, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the PNG Dan. As Craig said, always good to see more SW members.

TBH the only differences between the Mk1 and Mk2 are mostly cosmetic. The front end is different; Mk1s have a wrap around rear spoiler whilst mk2's have a rooftip spoiler. Also, Mk2's have a nicer interior whilst Mk1's have the nasty gayhat square dash lol - however, its a half day job to put a Mk2 dash into a Mk1 car.

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 03:06 PM
Ah right, thanks for the reply :) Aslong as the mk2 dash fits alright i'd happily take the task on of swaping them over! Both mk1 and mk2 can have all of the same sorts of modifications done to them yes? Like engine conversions e.g. both will take the 2.0 turbo engines without much work? And could a mk1 have a mk2 rooftip spolier fitted? And would the mk1 be able to have a mk2 GSi kit fitted? Just little things i would like to find out before i commit to one or the other.

Welsh Dan
29-09-08, 03:12 PM
The bodyshells are the same, to take a mk2 and make it into the better mk1 style, you only need the wraparound boot spoiler, bumpers, headlights, front wings and the dash, all of which just unbolt :).

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 03:24 PM
Oh right, thats ideal then. :) Think you guys have made me sway slightly towards a mk1! I mush prefer the wrap around spoiler anyway. Just gotta sell my car now and operation Nova is underway! :D

Thanks guys, you all been great help! Hopefully be posting some pictures up in the coming weeks of my new car. :)

Another question i have, if you pay the £10 registration fee...whats actually included in the membership pack? Or is it a surprise. lol

Jack
29-09-08, 03:24 PM
Ah right, thanks for the reply :) Aslong as the mk2 dash fits alright i'd happily take the task on of swaping them over! Both mk1 and mk2 can have all of the same sorts of modifications done to them yes? Like engine conversions e.g. both will take the 2.0 turbo engines without much work? And could a mk1 have a mk2 rooftip spolier fitted? And would the mk1 be able to have a mk2 GSi kit fitted? Just little things i would like to find out before i commit to one or the other.
Engine wise, they're the same (like for like that is). You could fit a mk2 rooftip spoiler to a Mk1, but it would be a bit of effor to remove the spoiler from the Mk1 - better option would either be to fit a Mk2 rooftip spoiler to a non-spoiler tailgate, or just fit a complete Mk2 tailgate with spoiler.

A Mk1 could have the GSi kit fitted, but to make it fit properly and look right, you'd need to change the headlamps (and clips), grille and front wings as well as the bumpers.

Membership includes invitation to club events and regional meets, insurance discounts, group buy discounts (currently one on with GAZ suspension), and club promotional items such as keyfob, stickers and membership card. You also have additional forum features - bigger PM box, avatars, signatures, and access to hidden club areas of the forum.

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 03:43 PM
Brilliant :) If i sign up now does someone have to ok it before i get the benefits? And also where i enter my address...it doesn't have a specific place to put the County i'm in...do i need to put that in somewhere e.g. put it in the city one aswell or no?

loggyboy
29-09-08, 03:55 PM
Stick to you original plan, the SRi is the best (mass produced) nova you can get. Trust me ive had 2 and would have another if i didnt have to have a mature car now :(

Jack
29-09-08, 03:56 PM
All we really need for address is house number/street name, town/city, postcode.

I believe if you pay by paypal its a relatively instant process...

BIGS
29-09-08, 04:00 PM
welcome mate, good to see a local lad on here. and it dont matter what one you get being a mk1 or mk2 as you can change the look of them very easy. just get a good base to start with

Lauren
29-09-08, 05:10 PM
Hello!
Even if you pay by card you get the membership instantly. :thumb:

raymond
29-09-08, 05:19 PM
hi and welcome

good choice with the sri i love mine its a cheap and cheerful:)

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 05:46 PM
Hello everyone :) Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I've texted CK about his Mk1 Nova SR, so hopefully I will be able to see it soon. Guna sign up to become a full member in the next hour or so. So hopefully i'll be able to find out some locations and dates of meets :) Meet up with some of you guys and check out your rides! Thanks, Dan.

FUSION X16XE
29-09-08, 06:01 PM
hi and welcome

good choice with the sri i love mine its a cheap and cheerful:)

:eek:

One of the nicest cars on here i think.

Welcome mate, go with a mk1:thumb: dont crash it tho

Mike
29-09-08, 06:09 PM
Welcome to The PNG dude :D

Dan_Coombs
29-09-08, 08:52 PM
Club member now :D Now just got to get me Nova lol lol lol
I won't crash it either...i'll treat it like a god. lol
I'm not one of those boy racers who has a small engine car that thinks he can take on skylines and that :P