PDA

View Full Version : comp. testing engine outside the car

jimbob-mcgrew
27-09-08, 08:52 PM
how do i go about this ? slap some jumper leads on the starter and let it rip with a comp. tester in ? whats the odds of the block falling on its side while cranking, its kinda lent on a wall at the mo

Asa-James
27-09-08, 08:56 PM
i wouldnt unkess it was bolted into a frame or a car, i'd say its gonna throw itself over pretty violently. but if you do do it, at leats film it and show us the results!

Clean 2.0 nova
27-09-08, 10:17 PM
Go for it, theres only one way to be sure what happens! You will be able to work out which way the engine is going to want to turn / jolt to - the oppostie way to the rotation of the crank.

burgo
27-09-08, 10:38 PM
i wouldnt unkess it was bolted into a frame or a car, i'd say its gonna throw itself over pretty violently. but if you do do it, at leats film it and show us the results!so wrong indeed. ive done it plenty of times. just learn the engine back against something and it'll be fine. ill try and find the video of when i did it

ck
27-09-08, 10:50 PM
seen it done before but actualy started lol. doesnt rock/twist like you would think

burgo
27-09-08, 10:51 PM
seen it done before but actualy started lol. doesnt rock/twist like you would thinkhave you seen the c20xe vid ?

ck
27-09-08, 11:28 PM
i havent no :S