PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 and digital dash?

benthehash
23-10-02, 05:24 PM
Ive just bought a digital dash :lol: from an astra GTE and want to connect a rev counter to it as my 1.2 mk2 dosent have 1. How much is it ganna cost me to do this im sure i can fit it myself! :?: Any help would be great.

thanks ben

Aragorn
23-10-02, 06:05 PM
easy

open the bonnet and look at the coil on the right hand side under screen wash bottle

you'll see 3 wires

2 black and 1 green

peel some of the tape back off the green and find about 5m of speaker wire/bell wire in your cupboard or hombase etc

cut the green wire and bare off both ends

wrap it together and apply a bit of solder, then wrap your bell wire round this and solder that. you should now have all 3 wires soldered together into 1 place (if u dont have solder facilities then either a screw connector block or even wrapping it together and taping round it will do) insulate your joint with some PVC tape

run the cable round the engine bay with the other wires and take it into the inside of the car beside the battery

this should bring it up behind the dash - connect it to the green wire from the dash and turn the key

if your lucky you'll get revs :)

if it all works cable tie all the wiring neatly and mastic the hole at the battery side, put dash back in then be happy

benthehash
24-10-02, 05:45 PM
Thanks, but just out of interest what is the green wire connected to and how does this give me revs?

thanks again! :D :grab: