PDA

View Full Version : Nova XE full exhaust

Tim
25-09-08, 09:13 PM
i just wanted a bit of advice on an exhaust system for my xe project.

do i use the manifold which came with my engine??

i want an exhaust which exists the car straight and not at an angle.

i would like a 4 inch rolled out tail pipe.

whats available to me, should i bodge a system together or is there a commom system people go for?

its a k plate car, do i need to have a cat in place??

thanks in advance

tim

Nova_Tek
25-09-08, 10:05 PM
AFAIK matey its gonna have to be a custom build. I have asked about an exhaust system for my LET project which I will start soon and the replies are saying its gonna be custom.

I think you can use the manifold that came with the car but the rest of the system will have to be made from scratch to match the cars body.

Thats my knowledge might be wrong.

Nova_Tek
25-09-08, 10:06 PM
check out the thread

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105144

Mazz
26-09-08, 08:22 AM
I got a 4" in outward rolled XE Powerflow system for sale if your interested, no manifold though.

If your interested i'll try and get some pics..

Philsutton
26-09-08, 08:47 AM
buy a mk2 exhaust and modify the manifold to suit. That way all you have to is buy another off the shelf exhaust if you want a change later on. Most the ones we have done have used magnex systems which dont need to be modified but they dont make them any more.

loggyboy
26-09-08, 08:55 AM
Yes you need the XE manifold.

then you have 3 options, mod the manifold to mate with a nova system or mod the nova system to mate with the manifold , or get a complete custom system made up that mates with the manifold.

Mk2 exhaust exit straight out, mk1s come out at an angle.

edit - shouldnt have taken so long to reply.. lol

Tim
26-09-08, 05:13 PM
thanks for the info fellas, so whos got 1 ready made 1 that wants to sell it to me.