PDA

View Full Version : Im New HELP !!

Daniie
24-09-08, 10:19 PM
Hi Im New On Here And Would Appreciate And Advice.
I Am Gettin A 1.4 Nova SRI In Blue With Comp Mo In White With Blue Caps, And My Boyfriend Wants To Strip It And Make It A Track Car But I Want It As An Everyday Car. How Can We Make It Both Without Arguing And Spending To Much Money Because I Dont Want A Roll Cage And He Does. I Want To Keep MY Wheels And He Wants To Sell Them !!!

NovaBoi92
24-09-08, 10:20 PM
put a 2.0 engine into it, its fast and still practical. C20XE or LET maybe, ask about it on here, comman engine to put into novas. if he wants more power, they are very tunable engines. usually give about 150bhp i think im right in saying, but can be tuned to alot more

Ben
24-09-08, 10:22 PM
Well if he wants a track car and wants to sell the MO's he needs a slap anyhow.

Leave him its easier.

Lynsey
24-09-08, 10:24 PM
Get another one.

NovaBoi92
24-09-08, 10:24 PM
yes, dont put a 2.0 in it, i mean to say leave him

ashley106
24-09-08, 10:25 PM
thanks for the advice dudes glad to see your on my side am the bf btw :P

BIGS
24-09-08, 10:26 PM
Tell him your the boss and slap him and do what you want lol

But really it all depends on how much you got/want to spend really. Id chose either a 1.6 16v or 2.0 16 engine. but the 2ltr will need much more money spent to do. What is it that you would want from the car? If you dont care about the speed or dont want it them maybe dont even bother with a 2ltr.

Ben
24-09-08, 10:29 PM
thanks for the advice dudes glad to see your on my side am the bf btw :P

No problem.

Jack
24-09-08, 10:33 PM
RJ says, 8 pages. lmfao lol

TBH you need to decide what you want, all out track car OR every day car. Ok, you could leave most of the interior in on a track car, but I sure as feck wouldn't take a nova on track without a cage.

I know a car doesn't need to be mega fast on track to be fun - look at all the people who run small blocks :p - but I think a 1.4 would struggle, especially if the engine isn't heavily modified or carries a full interior, and is surrounded by high power XE's and 1600's. To make the most of it you'd need to ditch weight - again we're going back to needing a dedicated track car.

Dod
24-09-08, 10:36 PM
9 and the user stops posting after 3. lol

A Track car is usually thrashed senseless which can be sore on an everyday car. What you can do is fit a set of Bucket seats and Harness's which will be both stylish and purposeful.

Jack
24-09-08, 10:38 PM
...but unless they're recliners, could be impractical and uncomfortable on a road car. Swings and roundabouts you see...

Dod
24-09-08, 10:40 PM
... Swings and roundabouts you see...

In a Nova??

Lynsey
24-09-08, 10:43 PM
Dougie won't get a cage in his Nova. It only got out at Combe for one session this year but will be out plenty more next year. He was pushing it much more on the roads in South Wales on the MIG drive on Sunday.

His suspension is too hard (AVO coilovers) but other than that it's a great road/ track car.

It really depends who will be driving it and how hard. No point building a track car if you're not going to be using it on track, it's too expensive.

Why not just make sure it's really solid and tidy, get some decent suspension and drop in a bigger engine? My Nova is great fun on the roads :)

Daniie
24-09-08, 11:00 PM
I Definately Want It Stripped Out With Buckets And Harnesses But I Dont Want Recliners. I Dont Want A Roll Cage Though Because I Think They Look Too Big To Be In A Nova.Thanks For All Your Advice Though Be Quite Helpful Actually As Im Not Bothered About The Speed. I Just Want A Little Run About That Isnt Going To Cost Too Much And That Is Still Going To Look Nice

Lynsey
24-09-08, 11:02 PM
You really don't want buckets. It's your car but honestly, if you're not planning on taking it on track then what's the point?

Daniie
24-09-08, 11:04 PM
I Think They Are Nice And Would Look Nicer Than The Standard Seats That Are Already In It. But If I Dont Like Them I can Always Change Them Back Anyway Them My Boyfriend Can Have Them For His Car Or Whatever.

Lynsey
24-09-08, 11:12 PM
OK, you're the one asking for HELP so I'm just giving you some advice. I think standard Novas look awful with buckets. Especially budget buckets.

But like you say, if you don't like them you can give them to him.

BIGS
24-09-08, 11:12 PM
why not have gsi,gte or sr seats? they look nice are comfy and hug you

Daniie
24-09-08, 11:15 PM
I Dont Know, Im Gunna Have A Look Around. I do Appreciate The Advice But I Have My Own Ideas Too. Its My First Car So Im Going To Experiment To see What I Like.

Lynsey
24-09-08, 11:15 PM
Like a hug in a mug? Nah, a big hug in a bolster :p

I can't wait to get my mk1 Astra GTE seats in, they're gon be well comfy :D

I thought it was an SRi anyway? If it is it should already have sporty seats.

Daniie
24-09-08, 11:23 PM
Im Not Sure If Its A SRi Or Gti Isit? Ill Find Out Go Have A Look Tomorrow. The Boys Next Door Are Selling The Car So Its Easier To Look AT If Needs Be. If I Dont Want A Fast Car Would It Not Be Wiser Just To Leave The 1.4 Litre Engine In It?

Lynsey
24-09-08, 11:26 PM
Yeah, a erm... GTi.

Daniie
24-09-08, 11:30 PM
I Dont Know !!
Im No Good With Cars!
Ive Come On Here To Learn More..
And Get Some Ideas On What To Do With The Nova

L14MNP
24-09-08, 11:32 PM
GTE - mk1
GSi - mk2
I understand not everyone knows everything about Novas! I'd tell yourboyfriend to FO and keep it how you want imo.
Welcome BTW :)

burgo
24-09-08, 11:37 PM
well being as your 17 a bigger engine is a big no no if your planning on insuring it. therefore i surgest you concentrate on the bodywork to start with

ashley106
25-09-08, 07:12 AM
Im Not Sure If Its A SRi Or Gti Isit? Ill Find Out Go Have A Look Tomorrow. The Boys Next Door Are Selling The Car So Its Easier To Look AT If Needs Be. If I Dont Want A Fast Car Would It Not Be Wiser Just To Leave The 1.4 Litre Engine In It?

i see you said some clever things while ive been asleep

a bet about the car i think its an sri 1.4 in blue but tbh am not sure because its being brought because its cheap and it will be another little project not as big as my other one of course plans for new engine was because we havnt got a clue how good the one in the car at the minute is like so was thinking bigger engine while engine was out

buckets are going in because we are going to make the car as light as we can ave allways said a light car is with a light but fast engine is fun so thats whats going to happen cars basically being used as danniie's every day car for when she passers witch could be a long time of and for my track car and then eventully she will have a normall every day car. should be a good project

hopefully money is trading hands on friday so should get some betta updates and progress thread up then

Lee
25-09-08, 08:20 AM
I honestly think your both going to have a massive compromise sharing this car for two totally different purposes. Novas are dirt cheap, so find yourself another one and prep it for track work whilst your lady can do what she likes to hers.

Im pretty sure she will hate being in a capable track car, its uber uncomfortable on the road. And Im pretty sure you will be uber frustrated running a boaty road car on a track.

Seriously, if your clever about it and look for bargains, you could build a quick 2.0 track car for less than £1000, and that includes buying the car itself :)

Stuart
25-09-08, 08:54 AM
Daniiiie may I suggest you turn caps lock off, or stop leaning on the shift key lol

Jack
25-09-08, 01:37 PM
^ lmfao

If its an SRi it should have SRi badging, "sports" seats, rooftip spoiler etc and the multipoint injection engine. If its an SR, it will have the same (in Mk2 guise) but a carb engine instead of injection.

Ben
25-09-08, 01:45 PM
Buy a clio, cheaper to tax and insure and more reliable and wont rot.

BIGS
25-09-08, 01:45 PM
and tbh both good little engine that can put a smile on your face with little money. and have got nice seats so why change anything?

ashley106
25-09-08, 09:49 PM
pics of the car got today

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/ashleyfaulconbridge/DSC00320.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/ashleyfaulconbridge/DSC00321.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/ashleyfaulconbridge/DSC00323.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/ashleyfaulconbridge/IMG00016.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/ashleyfaulconbridge/IMG00017.jpg

Dod
26-09-08, 10:04 AM
Does the Front Mounted Sanitry ware add much performance?

Daniie
26-09-08, 12:47 PM
Obviously that isnt part of the car and the lads are having there house renivated so thats why its a bit of a tip! but to be honest i know nothing about cars it was my boyfriends idea so the best person to ask is him but it needs quite a bit of work as there is quite a bit of rust and it needs two new doors and another boot. Needs alot of cleanin and the interior has been tampered with and doesnt seem to have gone to plan, so it will need ripping out and renewing.

Andy_L
26-09-08, 12:56 PM
put a 2.0 engine into it, its fast and still practical. C20XE or LET maybe, ask about it on here, comman engine to put into novas. if he wants more power, they are very tunable engines. usually give about 150bhp i think im right in saying, but can be tuned to alot more

yes, dont put a 2.0 in it, i mean to say leave him

:confused: :tard:

Daniie
29-09-08, 08:22 PM
Progress on the car will be started tomorrow.
not doing alot jus the little bits and bobs for the time being.
ill get ashley to post some pics.

Daniie
30-09-08, 05:50 PM
Car is being scrapped to much work to do too it but seeling all the parts such as the wheels the steering wheel, wing mirrors, electric sun shields (ideal to put mini screens on) spoiler, something off the front (dont know what!!) and lots of other things

Daniie
30-09-08, 05:52 PM
Oh ill add pictures to the for sale threads