PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filler problems

SKoob
24-09-08, 07:34 PM
After sorting out my electrical problems :D I now have problems with filling the fuel tank lol I had the tank out to clean and paint it and since its been refitted it either spills the fuel I've just started putting in back out through the filler neck or it clicks the garage fuel pump off constantly unless its being filled really really slowly :confused: When i inspected the pipe for the vent it all seemed clear and free of blockages if a little perished too though, any ideas of what would be causing this?

Mike
24-09-08, 08:06 PM
Your breather pipe has a blockage then. Couple of my old Nova's have done this after remove/refit of the tank. Youll find the braided hose that is down by the filler neck will have a kink in it where it goes up above the tank :thumb:

GRUNT 16V
24-09-08, 08:25 PM
sounds more like the ball valve in the tank to me.

AlexW
24-09-08, 09:01 PM
sounds more like the ball valve in the tank to me.

Thats standard on a nova.

Benn
24-09-08, 09:04 PM
Can you remove the ball? its only anti sylten(sp?) thing isnt it?
As mine does this ever since i moved the filler, and i know the breather is ok.

SKoob
24-09-08, 09:13 PM
So you recon the ball might of got stuck from the tank being moved about?

Pistol Pete
24-09-08, 09:58 PM
Where the rubber tube goes into the tank there is a plastic ball inside a cage type assembly. If the ball is stuck you will get a back fill of fuel which probably drains into the tank. Eventually!! Pull it all apart, checking for no kinks in your breather pipe aswel, and give it a good clean. Or as said remove the ball completely.

SKoob
24-09-08, 10:08 PM
Will have a look when i'm using my mates pit tomorrow

Ben
24-09-08, 10:28 PM
i would say breather too.

Steve
24-09-08, 10:51 PM
After sorting out my electrical problems :D I now have problems with filling the fuel tank lol I had the tank out to clean and paint it and since its been refitted it either spills the fuel I've just started putting in back out through the filler neck or it clicks the garage fuel pump off constantly unless its being filled really really slowly :confused: When i inspected the pipe for the vent it all seemed clear and free of blockages if a little perished too though, any ideas of what would be causing this?
Exactly the same problem I had, tried moving the anti syphon ball out from where it was jammed but ended up losing it in the tank! BUT it fills up properly now so i'd say thats the problem you've got.