PDA

View Full Version : Interiors time now!

Rick Draper
22-10-02, 06:29 PM
Right the time has come for the interior to start, Do i rip it all out and get some buckets or have my GSI seats and door cards done in leather and alacantara? Decision time as the place i want to do the GSI seats is booked up till march! And the car is used day to day at the moment and neither will be very practical! lol Rick

Breeny
22-10-02, 06:56 PM
Same options for me too! I'm feeling a bit of gsi interior but with black/blue leather seats and door cards... but hard decisions to make.

Rick Draper
22-10-02, 08:28 PM
I know its a right pain! I like Mark Beastons interior a lot and its a very good job they did on it so i might try and get there number who did that, decisions, decisions, decisions :roll: :roll: Rick

CP
22-10-02, 08:58 PM
Rip the fecking lot out - you know it makes sense :P

novax
22-10-02, 09:59 PM
Doing this myself... I voted for the recaros but I'm putting Konig in the front of mine. Did any of you try them at Trax? they were so sweet.

Nova-Flair
22-10-02, 10:00 PM
go for leather!!!!! has to be. the birds luv a bit of leather and the back seat will b wipe clean :wink:

Tilly
22-10-02, 11:36 PM
Id go for the second option. Sounds better

Dan
23-10-02, 01:02 AM
Well i reckon same as cp, take the lot out :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

?Marty?
23-10-02, 01:17 AM
Take the lot out.

Or you could just keep the doorcards, and get them plus the magnum seats re-trimmed in leather.

Yeah, fuck it! Rip the lot out, then re-trim the whole bare metal (floor included), seats, dash, headlining and door-cards in leather.

Jim
23-10-02, 09:27 AM
Make the decision yourself. It's your car, think what will suit the exterior look that you now have. The interior is the part of the car that you will see the most, so it's going to have to be something that you will be happy with. Think of the pros and conns of each idea.

Full Interior = More weight, but more practical.

Stripped out = Less weight, Faster Car, but less practical.

Both can look good, as you said Mark's interior is lovely.

Jim

Dave_Hay
23-10-02, 05:28 PM
what did dave lius do? :roll:

wisewood
23-10-02, 05:37 PM
I would go for a gsi leather retrim myself.
Cant beat a nice leather interior... comfort, practicality and quality looks.

Rick Draper
23-10-02, 05:43 PM
Dave your so funny you made me split my sides laffing. I have decided what to do now i just need to borrow a seat off my mate to see if they will fit, i hope they will :lol: Rick

Dave_Hay
23-10-02, 05:53 PM
sorry for making your side split.

?Marty?
24-10-02, 12:37 AM
Deave!? Where the hell have you been my best buddy!? :lol:

Dave doesn't like me :cry:

Oh and RICK - whichever decision you make, you'll end up wishing you made the other one later. or at leasr wondering if you made the right one, and how things could have been.

ade
24-10-02, 01:18 AM
Yeah, fcuk it! Rip the lot out, then re-trim the whole bare metal (floor included), seats, dash, headlining and door-cards in leather.

lol at Mary making the 1st nova "gimp"

:lol:

Go for gsi retrim - do it yerself. Or get it retrimmed and get a set of 2nd hand seats to use till they come back

?Marty?
24-10-02, 02:29 AM
Leather zip-up curtains. :lol: The hottest new trend! honest.

Dave_Hay
24-10-02, 02:19 PM
dave doesnt know who the fuck u r

its one of the admin/moderators or one of there chums.
im sure but i aint figured out whom yet.

hmmmmmmmm

Ian
24-10-02, 02:41 PM
if he is admin hes not letting on to the rest of us. maybe you should invite him to visit lol

Dave_Hay
24-10-02, 04:11 PM
invite him to visit??

hmmmmmm wonder what that means............

Nova1.6
24-10-02, 04:30 PM
im thinking of doing the door cards myself, get a thin layer of fome, stick it to door cards, put fabric over top, staple it in places to follow contours and it'll look wicked.
BUt knowing me i'lll never to it!

Chris LR
24-10-02, 08:36 PM
Standard SR is nice enough, less to be nicked. My m8 has got a Corsa GSi that interior is nasty, dark grey with red zig zag lines :crazyeye:

?Marty?
26-10-02, 12:16 AM
Make some out of paper mache. Like a Blue Peter ThunderBirds Tracy Island.

Go to a second-hand shop, buy a load of old denim and re-trim the whole car with it. With pockets on the door cards.

TUBZGSXR
26-10-02, 09:44 AM
i say a bit of both, defintaly get the race seats, but get them retrimed in leather, as well as the dash and roof, and then get a matching or similar colour that will look rite for a false floor, and carbon fibre bits for the back as well, and if u get a cage or boot brace then get that sprayed the same colour, maybe........... :?

?Marty?
27-10-02, 11:29 PM
There's just loooooads of things you can do mate. Just act on impulse and decide. You can always do something different with your next car, or whatever.