PDA

View Full Version : Retro interior help

andrew1988
24-09-08, 03:19 PM
I've just bought an old '82 y-reg nova and would quite like to stick with a retro/euro interior theme. Anyone got any ideas on seats/colours? A re-trim isnt out of the question either. The car itself is a dark browny red, which i believe is magma red. My current thoughts was to have either a mk 1 or 2 dash flocked brown with porsche 924/944 seats possibly in cream. Have seen a few gte seats retrimmed in poverty spec like fabric with head rests removed which looks quite good too

Any thoughts and pics?

mayhem
24-09-08, 03:32 PM
don't know about the UK, but here in holland there where some early mk1 models with a full red interiour (Dash, seats etc.)

NovaGuy1400SRi
24-09-08, 06:59 PM
don't know about the UK, but here in holland there where some early mk1 models with a full red interiour (Dash, seats etc.)

Yup we got them over here :thumb:

draper
24-09-08, 07:02 PM
and blue, green (see john h's project thread) i seem to remember seeing a yellow one aswell once

Benn
24-09-08, 07:38 PM
Brown too. Gotta love the old school one colour jobbies.

Steve
24-09-08, 11:02 PM
Not forgetting beige interiors! my a-reg had the bright red interior, dash, carpets the lot! Have you got any pics of yours as it is now andrew?

Is yours the beige interior? if so calibra cream leather front seats would suit it. Are you sure its an 82 model, iirc only europe had them on sale in 82 we had them from 83 on a y-plate.

andrew1988
25-09-08, 03:23 PM
Here are some pics

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w199/andrew_2882/CIMG0268.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w199/andrew_2882/CIMG0269.jpg

Since then its only been debaged and tidied up. I was thinking of gte/sr smoothed bumpers in anthracite. Hopefully will have 2 litre 8 valve fitted soon aswell. Its just the interior thats stumping me. I want it to be different to the normal gsi route but still fit in with it being an early model. Im thinking brown or dark red but really want comfortable seats. So no poverty spec stuff lol .

And you're right steve on both of those. Its the cream interior and its an '83 model. I just assumed it was '82 lol. Dont like the idea of calibra seats though, a bit too modern. Will still consider it

Have got plenty more pics but cant upload them, cant find lead :(

Dod
25-09-08, 03:38 PM
Loose the Slabs, go for Period Steels and DO NOT fit any other Bumpers to this or I will kill you.

Look at a post started by Krobinson featuring user JohnNI's Nova. Its stunning. Follow his lead.

andrew1988
25-09-08, 03:48 PM
If i were to get steelies id only have widened sr ones, maybe with a slightly stretched tyre. I did look at that but i keep swaying backwards and forwards between keeping the bumpers and fitting smoothed gte ones. Keeping it period is my intention, well the 80's at least.

Its got some odd features too. Like the rear window wiper goes the opposite way (never seen that before), one wing mirror, no wing repeaters, window surrounds. bit different at least lol

Dod
25-09-08, 03:51 PM
Just nmow you pointed the wing mirror out, its not an 82 Item. They had the older mirror the same as the Mantas did. Hmmmmmm, maybe an addition a few years on maybe?

andrew1988
25-09-08, 03:56 PM
I did think that yesterday but was unsure of options list when new etc. Its an '83 model as i found out earlier. May fit an older style mirror if it turns out it has been changed at some point

Dod
25-09-08, 03:57 PM
Yeah go for that mate, keep it period although being as clean as it is, I'd be tempted to clean it and keep it 100% Origional.

andrew1988
25-09-08, 04:03 PM
it looks clean but its not that great lol needs arches and battery tray sorting. Although they're not really that bad. It wouldnt stay original. It will be different just cant decide how right now lol

Jack
25-09-08, 04:56 PM
I'd say definitely go with a cream/beige/brown interior. Perhaps try some old burberry-check pattern SR or Sport seats, or retrim some newer ones in that style?

Thats not magma red afaik, magma is the same colour as our flame red - that looks almost like a non-metallic Calypso red...

Oh, and the no side repeaters and wrong-way rear wiper - thats normal for very early models I think, I've seen it a few times on older ones :thumb:

andrew1988
25-09-08, 06:28 PM
Its definately metallic. I thought it was calypso red but paint code comes up as either 77L or 79L of top of my head. Think i got a colour with e534??? but thats means nothing to me lol. I knew the odd things were common on very early models but just dont see many about now. seems a world apart from my old k-reg

Jack
25-09-08, 08:22 PM
534 is "Karnelrot"

http://corsa.landinsicht.net/pics/1138657449.jpg

duick
26-09-08, 08:07 AM
Just nmow you pointed the wing mirror out, its not an 82 Item. They had the older mirror the same as the Mantas did. Hmmmmmm, maybe an addition a few years on maybe?

No, only the base models had the small mirrors. Yours is a L (as it has the window frames, Luxus called over here, which had the "normal" mirrors.

534 is "Karnelrot" you mean Karneolrot ;)

Jack
26-09-08, 10:04 AM
Thats the one lol

NOVA13SPORT
26-09-08, 11:24 AM
the mirror is right for the car and the year its a 1.2 L so it had the internal adjusment of the mirror , it was only the really basic had the exterior adjustable like the early sports
should also have had the thick side mouldings