PDA

View Full Version : Power gain?

Trixxy
22-10-02, 05:51 PM
how much power gain would i get if i fitted a K&N bolt on, full Magnex exhaust (exc manifold) and then had it rolling roaded, to tune it..

wot u guys reckon ? :}

cornish
22-10-02, 07:50 PM
A couple bhp i would have thought, but i expect you'll just about notice it.

Stuart
22-10-02, 08:55 PM
for the cash you'll spend its really not worth it

CP
22-10-02, 09:35 PM
The 1.4SR is quite lively as std so unless you are prepared to spend quite a few hundred quids you wont make much difference to it with bolt filters etc. The worst part of it is the shitty Pierburg carb. The next worst bit is the flow thru the head. Without doing anything to these problems you are just playing at the edges really.
Personally I would get it tuned so it runs at its best and leave it at that unless you can find a cheap 32/34 carb to bolt on which would be a def. improvement. I've been to a few rolling roads and seen quite a lot of cars tested. A large number of them have sub optimal fuelling and/or ignition timing.
If you are after making it go faster and perform better get rid of weight in it - most cost effective mod there is

Trixxy
23-10-02, 11:41 AM
lol, i was looking at spending about ?300, im trying 2 keep it simple until
I can afford the insurance on a calibra transplant :]

Nova-Boy
23-10-02, 02:53 PM
Its not much point getting a full exhaust system unless u get a bigger manifold. Thats the most inportant bit of the exhaust for more power. You could just get a back box to make it look and sound nice though!!

novax
23-10-02, 08:45 PM
Trixxy - I've got a full power-flow system on "X" and it cost ?230 all in. It was made by A44 in Worcester and took them 4 hours to build it from scratch. Sounds awsome. The best part is they can mod it to fit the new engine as and when you do the swap 8) .

3-4 BHP apsolute tops....

Trixxy
23-10-02, 10:51 PM
raaaas, a gloucester boy :]

lol, that sounds good, i wasnt expecting more than 4 bhp :o