PDA

View Full Version : xbox live problem....again

steviegsi
22-09-08, 02:47 PM
2 weeks on from last thread, i have bought a modem/router, and got the phone line adaptor thing so now got phone line beside xbox 360. When trying to sign up to xbox live the 'DNS' wont pass. is this because i have a modem for pc, and a separate modem/router for xbox? xbox is goin to learn to fly very soon me thinks.:tard:

NovaBoi92
22-09-08, 02:50 PM
my router is on an extention that is plugged into the phone line in the front room and an extention into my room, which i have the xbox plugged into the router via an ethernet cable. so you have got a seperate modem/router for your 360?

Lauren
22-09-08, 02:51 PM
All you need is a computer, a phone line, a router and the xbox, with ethernet cables between them. There shouldn't be a problem.

edit: Obviously you need an internet connection as well lol
If you really can't get it to work go on www.xboxlive.com/support (http://www.xboxlive.com/support)
That should answer all your questions.

NovaBoi92
22-09-08, 03:00 PM
xbox live support is POO their answer to everything is: ''we are currently experiences some maintenance work to the server/system. if the problem persistes within the next 48 hours please phone back" LOL all the problems ive had, thats what they said to me! lol

FUSION X16XE
25-09-08, 12:22 AM
Right what you need to do is get the phone filter and plug your phone into the phone output and you router into the dsl output (could be a pic of a pc or somethink) then run a Ethernet/cat 5 cable out of the router to the pc and from another output run one to the xbox.

What is the router?