PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust for LET

Nova_Tek
22-09-08, 11:30 AM
Need to get some info on exhaust systems for a LET in a Nova.

Would this be a total custom jobbie or can some parts of the exhaust system be bought off the shelf?

:thumb:

Paul
22-09-08, 06:36 PM
custom jobbie

C14se
22-09-08, 06:41 PM
its going to be a custom mate but get a s/s one i no it the best for a Xe but no Shaw on a let

Paul
22-09-08, 08:53 PM
a mild steel one will be fine, SS is better but much more £££

Nova_Tek
22-09-08, 09:19 PM
Been looking at powerflow systems as I had a feeling it would be a custom job, obviously, but I had to ask the question.

I'd prefer to have it s/s but will have to see how much more £££ it is.

Anyone done a custom fit from powerflow either for a XE or LET to give me an idea of cost?

Thanks

Jeff16v
22-09-08, 09:23 PM
I've been looking into a JP stainless, they're about £400 + vat, the only downside is you have to take the car to them. Check Keith Robinson WIP or Nick J's

C14se
22-09-08, 09:30 PM
ya we had a s/s powerflow on the track Xe it cost about £400 i think iam not Shaw i will ask me dad to get the receipt and i will let you no

C14se
22-09-08, 09:31 PM
i think it was powerflow i will let you no mate

John
22-09-08, 09:35 PM
I've heard nothing but top reports from jp stuff. Iirc rick draper has a jp system too.

Nova_Tek
22-09-08, 10:31 PM
is there a site for the JP systems mentioned? were those prices quted for a full system i.e downpipe, cat and all the way to the back?

400 is around the price of a good quality system and s/s systems off the shelf.

Thanks for checking out how much it cost.

Jeff16v
23-09-08, 06:46 AM
I've got an email address and quote from them, i'll PM you the details when i get to work. The price was from turbo elbow down.

Lee H
23-09-08, 08:08 AM
I have JP systems on both of my Nova's at the moment as well, can't fault them at all.

Nova_Tek
23-09-08, 10:41 AM
Cheers lads, appreciate the help. Gona go check out JP systems website, hopefully they got one.

Nova_Tek
23-09-08, 10:44 AM
Checked their site...I think theres one flaw with the JP exhausts and that is the sheer distance from my house.

Not very convienient considering theres 2 Powerflow centers witih 10 miles of my house.

Think its gonna be out of the question tbh

Shame :( :cry:

tony k
24-09-08, 07:58 PM
you should try these there called pipecraft,they have just done my mates cossie and looks a good job too,heres there number 01268 285535 there in basildon essesx,im goin there soon to get mine done

Rich
24-09-08, 09:12 PM
notice your from london, just want to advise you stay well clear of longlife in battersea. Manager was a complete ****** and the people fitting the exhaust were complete muppets.

System quality was crap, they didnt put a flexi in which caused the manifold to snap, if i ever wanted to take the sytem off i would of had to cut it because they didnt put any joins in!

Nova_Tek
25-09-08, 11:19 AM
Cheers for info lads, and thanks for the warning Rich. At the moment it looks like Im going to be visiting Powerflow to see what there work is like as there are 2 near to me.

If the one in essex aint to far then I'll be off to them.

craig green
25-09-08, 11:31 AM
If using a custom outfit to build an exhaust, insist on seeing actual work on other customers cars they have done. fair enough with companies like JP or Blueflame etc that have good reputations, however many s/s exhaust are poor. Powerflow generally have a bad rep on the forums due to some centres being immensely underskilled or using bad materials, or non s/s welding wire so the joins will rust but the tubing wont... pointless.
Look for good quality welds, nice quality materials, mandrel bends (diameter of tubing maintained on bends) & general workmanship aswell as a guarantee.

I had a Powerflow system from the UK head office based in Exeter & found it superb.

Nova_Tek
25-09-08, 11:41 AM
Thanks Craig, Im planning on visiting there to ask a few question see there work etc to get an idea of how good/poor they are. Ask them the questions you mentioned make them think that I know my s**t. As you said I have heard good and bad rep about powerflow.

Its a bit of a stereo type but St. Albans isn't a riff raff area so Im hoping their workmanship isnt either assuming they'd probably worked on Range Rovers and other expensive cars.

Theres just a lack of repuatble places like that in London.

I shall be checking out BlueFlame see if theres one near me.

edit: Just had a look at Blueflame, its a bit out of my way :(

craig green
25-09-08, 11:53 AM
Aye Blueflame is oop Norf.

I think Janspeed & Scorpion both offer custom builds if you go to them.

Theres also Simpson race exhausts though quite expensive I believe. There are loads, just try using YELL.com. I found quite a few near (20-30miles) me that I'd never heard of.

ck
25-09-08, 12:26 PM
best bet is to pick up some old exhaust systems which are 2.5" and borrow a welder and build a system yourself, your talking less that 100quid if you done it yourself lol. this way you know its done properly aswell.

tony k
25-09-08, 04:20 PM
sorry to hijack the thread but what power can you run on 2.5" then

Ash
25-09-08, 08:16 PM
Pipe Werx are the boys, doubt you'll find much better from what I've heard. Costs a fair wack tho.

Nova_Tek
25-09-08, 10:09 PM
Think the way forward is gonna be yellow pages and to use up my free minutes.

What diameter am I look for for a LET? 2.5'' or more?

Nova_Tek
25-09-08, 10:13 PM
:tard: Duh didnt read ck's post properly