PDA

View Full Version : issues with tappets

silvertornado_sr
21-09-08, 02:34 AM
if i throw the car around a corner, the tappets start tapping, so turn the car off leave for couple of minutes and then start it again you then can't hear them someone said oil pickup point might be blocked any help on where this is ??? and how to get to it

thanks mark

Asa-James
21-09-08, 10:07 AM
remove the sump, its in there. is there enough oil in there?

silvertornado_sr
21-09-08, 01:36 PM
theres enough oil in the so dunno

and thanks for the quick reply novasr-ish :) might go have a look now :)

mowgli
21-09-08, 03:27 PM
simply going round a corner won't make a tappet knock, however fast you go......
does the oil light come on when you corner??? does it come on when you start up?

it could be something strange like a worn engine mount, or something in the transmission

what engine is it?? is it std?? how many miles has it done??

silvertornado_sr
21-09-08, 04:02 PM
simply going round a corner won't make a tappet knock, however fast you go......
does the oil light come on when you corner??? does it come on when you start up?

it could be something strange like a worn engine mount, or something in the transmission

what engine is it?? is it std?? how many miles has it done??

no oil light comes on
1.4 sr 22,000 genuine miles

i don't know but **** it i'll most probs get rid on engine and turbo it cba with messing about with it

mowgli
21-09-08, 04:21 PM
I think it could be a fuel problem, ie: debris in the tank, or maybe the connections to the coil are a bit bad

silvertornado_sr
21-09-08, 07:03 PM
tank was replced not long back and coil seams fine can deffo hear the tappets after though which is what confuses me