PDA

View Full Version : a suspension question

therealnovaboy
20-09-08, 12:12 PM
i am looking for adjustable ride and height suspension for my nova. i was looking at the gaz gha310 kit but realised that the kit is with the back being a coilover setup. i was wondering if gaz do a kit that is adjustable and has the seperate coil spring and damper. what other kits are available eg spax, koni etc with seperate shock and springs. also if anyone has any recomendations of suspension that are not coilovers on the rear.

GDN16v
20-09-08, 12:48 PM
KW, FK, Spax, Koni, Bilstein there are quite a few. Try and stick with the top manufacturers as these tend to be better made and of better quailty for suspension ride!:thumb:

ck
21-09-08, 02:47 AM
what are you actually trying to achieve? any particular reason not to want rear coil overs?

therealnovaboy
21-09-08, 11:55 AM
what are you actually trying to achieve? any particular reason not to want rear coil overs?

well im entering it in sprints/hillclimbs next year so want a fairly good setup. ive just never fully beleived in coilovers on the rear, the car was never designed for this and for the load to go up through the flimsy inner wheel arch opposed to going through the solid shassy leg and in my oppinion doesnt seem right. the car is seam welded all round but dont think this will be sufficient strength for coilovers.

is there any real handling differance between rear coilovers and seperate damper spring setups.

FUSION X16XE
21-09-08, 12:05 PM
I herd that the rear are triple skined? i.e. 3 layers of metal not just one, so its not really that weak the only problem it it hitting on the iner arch so out comes the bfh.