PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure regulator problem..

1.6 8v turbo nova
20-09-08, 10:58 AM
Right ok.. just wondering if anybody could confirm this problem..:confused:

For about a month, when i start my car.. the fuel reg beeps for awhile, then goes off when i start moving. However yesterday i was driving, and there was a constant beep. Then as i was driving i lost all power, it was as if there wasnt any fuel getting through. I got towed home.. and when i reached home, about 15miles on tow.. The fuel reg beeped, and walah! It's alive again. I dont want to drive it incase it breaks down again (towing sucks).

So you guys think these problems are all down to the fuel regulator?

Incase it's needed, Its a 1.6 GSI engine, the later model C16SE.

Thank's in advance :thumb:

General Baxter
20-09-08, 11:12 AM
i really think you need to bin the adjustable fuel pressure reg, and get proper managment :)

allso which pressure reg are you using?

1.6 8v turbo nova
20-09-08, 11:28 AM
TBH i dont have a clue lol.

1.6 8v turbo nova
20-09-08, 11:33 AM
This is what beeps..

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7249/fuelregtyw4.th.jpg (http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fuelregtyw4.jpg)http://img181.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Lee H
20-09-08, 11:45 AM
Thats an FSE regulator. Can't see how it can beep though as its mechanical, not electrical.

1.6 8v turbo nova
20-09-08, 11:46 AM
well it honestly does beep, if you hit it with a screw driver it stops lol.

GDN16v
20-09-08, 12:19 PM
well it honestly does beep, if you hit it with a screw driver it stops lol.

lollollollollol Exact engineering technique! If its beeping then its probably broken, it should be silent when in operation!:thumb:

1.6 8v turbo nova
20-09-08, 12:29 PM
New one it is then :)

db_1.2
20-09-08, 12:34 PM
The beeps probably just a high pitch whine of some sort, have you tried adjusting it at all? Im guessing (by your name) the engine has been turbocharged? If it has, the reason if stops ''beeping'' when your driving is because the car will be ''boosting'' and therefore using more fuel, and there will be less pressure inside the regulator, IMO i think the regulater is set too high a pressure for the rail to cope, however, i wouldnt try to adjust it without propper equipment, otherwise you could end up ''frying your pistons'' yo!

Perhaps the seal inside the regulator has broken down or shrunk or whatever causing more petrol to get by i guess.

Thats even this is a turbo! If not i just wasted my time! lol

1.6 8v turbo nova
20-09-08, 12:40 PM
Aye it's turbo'ed. So your saying the regulator needs adjusting? it stopped working for about 45mins then randomly came back on.. i think's its funked.

General Baxter
20-09-08, 12:45 PM
New one it is then :)

you will need to go to counrtney sport, to get a new one lol

bend over and take it :thumb:

GDN16v
20-09-08, 12:51 PM
you will need to go to counrtney sport, to get a new one lol

bend over and take it :thumb:

lol lol lol lol lol

Dont go to Courtenay, buy a Webber, Aeromotive one which do a better job than the cheap FSE regulator!;)

Mike
20-09-08, 12:52 PM
That noise sounds to me like the pressure valve inside it is funked (as FSE's are pup, it probably couldnt cope with the boost!!) personally, either A) get proper management or B) get something designed for custom charged engines...

Ala....

Billet Aluminium Aeromotive Boost Compatible Regulator -

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/TWOC%20Rebuild/264.jpg

1.6 8v turbo nova
20-09-08, 04:50 PM
Just been to a mates house, some guy came in a corsa. Sorted all the vaccum pipes out, turned turbo up. Now im running 12psi, And i have my dump whistle back :D! Overall i am in a far too happy mood to be going working till 11pm.

Billet Aluminium Aeromotive Boost Compatible Regulator; This is on the list ;D thanks i wasn't sure how to go around that area.

Mike
20-09-08, 05:36 PM
Billet Aluminium Aeromotive Boost Compatible Regulator; This is on the list ;D thanks i wasn't sure how to go around that area.

Be warned chap, they are FAR from cheap :thumb:

turbo-boy
22-09-08, 10:56 AM
i have a fse regulator mine does the same some times its like a hi pictched vibrating noise coming out of it for like 3 seconds until it ust reach the correct fuel pressure mine is not long new and has done it since day one

craig green
22-09-08, 11:35 AM
Sounds like the FSE is screwed.

I was going to suggest that it might be the fuel pump relay squealing, as mine used to do that & as they are almost mounted in the same place............

Glad its fixed though, it needs to be set to 3bar (at idle with the vac pipe removed)

1.6 8v turbo nova
23-09-08, 11:45 AM
Hmmm on my way home last night, lost all power again.. So i got towed home at 1:30am. Just been out to my car.. and it made the 'beeeep' noise as i turned my ignition on.. and it started first time. Any ideas? :S

Philsutton
23-09-08, 12:16 PM
Get a proper adjustable regulator, like a cosworth weber one. They arent expensive either. The FSE ones are shocking and cant even regulate fuel pressure which is there job.

1.6 8v turbo nova
23-09-08, 12:24 PM
FSE stands for? I'll have a play in google to see what comes up for cosworth weber.. thnx for quick reply.

1.6 8v turbo nova
23-09-08, 12:31 PM
Would this do the job?

http://turborevs.org.uk/vmchk/engine-tuning/fuel-pressure-regulator/adjustable-fuel-pressure-regulator.html

1.6 8v turbo nova
24-09-08, 12:53 AM
If i ordered that one, would it fix the problem? or is it a cheap useless one? only day off to fix it is friday, o.O

Any help apreciated.

Mike
24-09-08, 05:30 PM
It doesnt appear to be boost compatible chap. Therefore, it will only run whatever PSi you set it too.

1.6 8v turbo nova
25-09-08, 12:16 AM
Must be better then the standard funked one i have now tho..?

S1 RST
25-09-08, 03:57 PM
fit a 2wd cosworth FPR it has the correct raising rate of 1:1 for turbo charged engines and is fully adjustable is see you live in the north west where abouts in the north west do you live?

1.6 8v turbo nova
26-09-08, 12:44 AM
Chorley, lancashire. (PR7) you have one for sale? o.O