PDA

View Full Version : BARSTARDS!!!!!!

Anonymous
08-11-00, 03:53 PM
I HAVE A 01 J 1.2i NOVA. I WANT A K&N OR PIPERCROSS AIR FILTER BUT AFTER GOING TO MY LOCAL MOTORMANIA BOTH COMPANIES SAID THAT THEY DO NOT DO ONE FOR MY TYPE OF NOVA. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED AND I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A PART NUMBER FOR A K&N OR PIPERCROSS THEN MAYBE I COULD MODIFY IT IN SOME WAY TO MAKE IT WORK??
HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS WHAT TO DO????
THANX
DAN

Anonymous
08-11-00, 05:08 PM
Fuel injection cars dont have a straight forward air filter, hence the fuel injection system.
That is why you can't get one for your car, you would need to get the induction kit which costs about ?70 or something, price is probably wrong though.
That clips into the centre of the fuel injector system or something and works from there, instead of the straight forward air filter.
Hope that helps.

Anonymous
08-11-00, 06:47 PM
the truth is i have the same car and there is no pre made kit ive spent hours looking through trade cats for one your gonna have to bodge it
apently a corsa airbox fits on the injection point so you could get that and then get one for the corsa box

gaz

Anonymous
08-11-00, 07:28 PM
cgonzalez you cant get an induction kit either cos its only single point injection not multi point like the bigger engined cars.

You can however get a corsa airbox and attach a K&N to that i have been led to believe.