PDA

View Full Version : SR SPOILER

Anonymous
08-11-00, 01:42 PM
Alright ladz,

can i fit my SR spoiler with just that stiko flex stuff and could i chop those bolts off and put the sticko flex there instead cos i dont really want to drill

chris

Anonymous
08-11-00, 03:06 PM
Ive got the same problem!- two of my metally bits are bent as I found it at the scrapyard and paid ?5 for it as they didnt know what it was off!- I was hoping to cut and file the metal bits off and use some strong bonder on it of some sort, but I bet ud have to get a waterproof finish or else u could end up with rust patches, thats my guess anyway. Id also like info on this please...

Anonymous
08-11-00, 03:54 PM
You could try getting some Eproxy Bonding glue! (that's its name!) very strong stuff, it will stick. or if you want to drill, drill the holes and then use that stuff somthing like? Hamer..?(like tar) People use it for their arches when they cut them. Or even better ask a body workshop. Good Luck lads and let's us know how you get on!

Anonymous
08-11-00, 06:39 PM
my spoiler was from a scrappy and the metal bits were fucked

i cut em off and screwd through the tailgate into the spoiler and stuck loads ov sealent on to stick/water proof it and its been okay

my mate once tried to stick his on with liquid nails lol

it didnt last very long

Anonymous
09-11-00, 08:22 AM
Cut the bolts off and stick it on, get some proper ruberised adheasive from a paint/bodyshop, you won't be able to get it back off even if you want to, it's good stuff.

Anonymous
10-11-00, 01:03 PM
You can grind the bolts down, then use either "tiger bond" or 2" bonding tape (motorworld etc). Use Araldite epoxy resin to seal the edges. (Transparent bathroom sealant would also work.)