PDA

View Full Version : engine code with "st" in it?

leebo
17-09-08, 11:01 AM
hey, i have a 1.2 engine at the house and a lads lookin to buy it but he wants a code off it first. found a alot of numbers on it but none that are what hes lookin for. the code he wants should start with "st" so shold the engine have a stap startin with that? if it should then where would it be? the code i got was on the polished piece that runs under the exhaust manifold. and help would be great, cheers folks

Dod
17-09-08, 11:08 AM
Ok, as you're looking straight at the engine, on the block on the RHS where it meets the head there'll be a small Lug pretruding. You need a cloth or piece of sand paper to clean it off as it'll be lightly stamped on there. Give it a good clean and it should be stamped there.

What engine is it?

Riggy
17-09-08, 11:14 AM
its should say 12st3284784375 etc

Welsh Dan
17-09-08, 11:14 AM
It'll start 12ST if its the carb model, 12NV if its the euro hi torque version, or 12NZ (i think) if its the SPI version.

The bit that runs under the exhaust manifold that you've found is the right bit, but you'll need to clean it up to read all the digits. I found an old toothbrush and some distilled vinegar cleaned mine up nicely in about 5 minutes.

leebo
17-09-08, 11:24 AM
fair play lads, thats good enough for me. that was it that i found. its 12NV so i will have to see what he wants to do. cheers again lads