PDA

View Full Version : Im freezin!!! Help!!

Ian_Gsi16v
20-10-02, 06:50 PM
i'm after a bit of advice cos as the weathers getting colder by the day so am I cos my cars just not heating up. I can literally drive it around for hours and the temp gauge will stay on the pin and will not blow out any hot air. Pretty sure i havent got an air lock in it cas i flushed it all last week. Took my induction kit off today and put a standard air box on it but thats made no difference at all. If i leave it ideling for a while it will heat up slightly but lose it when i start driving??? any idea's peeps cos if i wear any more layers of clothes on the way to work i wont be able to get in the car.

Cars a GTE btw

Manta Mad
20-10-02, 10:54 PM
Other things to check would be if the control knob/lever for hot air thats in the car is working correctly or is your thermostat stuck open all the time, if it is, then that could be why the car is not heating up properly.

One other thing, check your electric cooling fan is not running all the time.

Mr Dan
20-10-02, 11:21 PM
I asked a similar question last week. Check this out: http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65668
There's a few suggestions.

Dicko
21-10-02, 12:10 AM
could be the thermostat on the end of ur engine under the cam belt!!
if this is stuck open it sends water to ur radiator to be colled down even when it is cold!!

?Marty?
21-10-02, 03:11 AM
Mine heats up after driving about for a bit, but my fan switch won't work. Bollocks. I'll have to have a look at it next time i can, but i can't be bothered - it's too cold! :lol:

michaelbould
21-10-02, 01:28 PM
have u checked your water levels? Thats all mine was........

Ian_Gsi16v
21-10-02, 06:47 PM
cheers ppl, ye checked my water levels and there fine. i reckon it is my thermostat though so gonna change that tomorrow, flush the system and all that kinda stuff and get it workin!

thx