PDA

View Full Version : cant disconnect battery cables

Tidy Max
14-09-08, 02:48 PM
hi there!

just trying to take out my dash board, so i have to remove the steering column

so i have to disconnect the negative, ive got a 1.2spi and it came with an alarm, never use the damn thing, but when i dc the battery it goes off!! please help, i really want to get this done today and its doing my nut in!

thanks, max

Lee
14-09-08, 02:50 PM
The alarm must have its own power supply then. You need to find it and disconnect it. Alternatively, disconnect the siren.

brainsnova
14-09-08, 02:50 PM
your alarm has battery back up so it thinks someone is trying to steal it. disconnect the siren and see if it still goes off.

Tidy Max
14-09-08, 02:51 PM
thanks, im abit worried about going wild with my snips incase i end up with a siren in my hand that wont shut up, my house backs onto a cricket pitch haha and the cricketers dont look best pleased tbh!

any other ideas, anyone had the same problem? thanks by the way!

brainsnova
14-09-08, 02:52 PM
if you cut it and its still going hold the siren into a towel and it will shut off after a few minutes

Lee
14-09-08, 02:55 PM
If you dont plan on keeping the alarm, snip the siren off, and immediately stick it in a bucket of water. That will shut it up for good lol

L14MNP
14-09-08, 02:55 PM
if you cut it and its still going hold the siren into a towel and it will shut off after a few minutes

Been here lol Mates old Corsa GSI. hammer blows to the siren when removed ftw, the cloth did F.A! Have fun lol

Jack
14-09-08, 03:29 PM
Yup, battery on siren. I keep forgetting my celica has one lol

There should be a lock on the back of the siren, put the key in it (you do have the key for the alarm don't you...?) and turn it off before disconnecting the power.

mulletor
21-09-08, 02:46 AM
disconnect it with the ignition switched on.

FUSION X16XE
22-09-08, 07:34 PM
Been here lol Mates old Corsa GSI. hammer blows to the siren when removed ftw, the cloth did F.A! Have fun lol

I was going to recomend geting BFO hammer out :thumb:

C14se
22-09-08, 07:54 PM
If you don't plan on keeping the alarm, snip the siren off, and immediately stick it in a bucket of water. That will shut it up for good lol

that is the best way i have ever heard of lol