adam-d
13-09-08, 08:28 AM
i have a oil pressure gauge, with sender,

the sender screws into "somthing"

i need to know where to screw it into

thanks

mikey14sr
13-09-08, 09:23 AM
You need to remove the oil pressure switch from the oil pump housing, and if it's an aftermarket gauge, fit a T piece where that was, and screw both senders to that. If you've got an SR/GTE/GSi sender allready, it'll have a connector for a pressure gauge on it.

Welsh Dan
13-09-08, 09:53 AM
It screws into the back of the engine, at the bottom, drivers side corner. If you've been running the engine expect to lose some oil as it runs out of the galleries, if its been left overnight you'll just get some trickling out.

Mike
13-09-08, 10:34 AM
If you've got an SR/GTE/GSi sender allready, it'll have a connector for a pressure gauge on it.

Where abouts is that?

Riggy
13-09-08, 10:40 AM
the extra wire mike , the std switchs only have the one plug , the gte etc have the plug and the round spade thing

Mike
13-09-08, 10:41 AM
Ah, mines just got one elec connection on it IIRC

Riggy
13-09-08, 10:57 AM
its its the one from my old engine its the proper 2 pin one

Welsh Dan
13-09-08, 11:05 AM
For reference:
http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/novaload/projectlog/009oilsender.jpg

Mike
13-09-08, 04:22 PM
its its the one from my old engine its the proper 2 pin one

Yea its the one from your old engine cheif, same as in that pic above, but the wire with the copper angle connecter i havent got on my loom IIRC?

Do you just remove the second connection and use that as an oil feed or something???

adam-d
13-09-08, 04:55 PM
right my oil pressire gauge came with one of those but only had 1 spade on it, now, i have a knock sensor which im not using, does oil pressurise throu there?
or should i get one of those tiwn ones in the above pic, and how it runs my aftermarket gauge?

mikey14sr
14-09-08, 11:11 AM
right my oil pressire gauge came with one of those but only had 1 spade on it, now, i have a knock sensor which im not using, does oil pressurise throu there?
or should i get one of those tiwn ones in the above pic, and how it runs my aftermarket gauge?

No you need a t-piece so you can fit it between the oil pump and the original pressure switch!

mikey14sr
14-09-08, 11:13 AM
Yea its the one from your old engine cheif, same as in that pic above, but the wire with the copper angle connecter i havent got on my loom IIRC?

Do you just remove the second connection and use that as an oil feed or something???

The wire might be taped up somewhere, it was on all of my 1.2's. If not, run a fresh one from that terminal up to the clocks.