PDA

View Full Version : flexi hoses

neil2uk
18-10-02, 11:54 PM
hello i just tryed to fit some new flexi hoses and while i was putting the front one on i worn the bolt out, thats the bolt on the copper pipe that screws on to the flexi hose. Does anyone know what i could do would it be better to goto the scrap yard and take the whole pipe off another nova or do vauxhall sell the copper pipe because if they do sell the pipe i can get the front and back pipe just incase the back mess up too

ade
19-10-02, 12:29 AM
sorry m8 - having difficulty working out where hoses are / what you are doing- where is the hose connecting to? Is it a jubilee clip bolt (metal circular band with a bolt/screw head - turn it to tighten it up - found on many flexi hoses in the engine?)

Cant work out where copper pipe is on the nova (brake lines?) that would explain flexi hose to the calipers?

If brakes - get new ones - better safe than sorry ref brakes!

Ade

neil2uk
19-10-02, 12:37 AM
yep its the break pipes where they connect to the flexi hoses there is like a bolt screw thing that screws into the flexi hose i have completely messed the bolt end of the screw up:( and the bolt comes complete with the pipe i think. Do u know how much a new one will cost, and do vauxhall usually have them in stock or do u think they will have to order it as i have got to take my car for its mot in 3 days

ade
19-10-02, 12:43 AM
if its just the one prob about ?10 - ?15 (purey a guess!)

If yer vauxhall garage aint got one in (corsa one may fit??) and theire a decent size they'll have it prob by Tuesday next week. Usually 48 hr.
Try a motor factors - you maybe lucky and get a "generic" pipe - QH style part (QH a brand of motor part maker - replica parts at 1/2 price - think its QH anyway!)
Personally I'd avoid scrappy hoses - dont know the history and when it comes to brakes and mot's - beter to be safe than sorry in my book.

ade
:wink:

apples
19-10-02, 10:50 PM
if its the brake pipe union nut youve nacked you can cut the copper brake pipe and fit a new one using a pipe flaring kit, providing your pipe is long enuff and in good condition.
failing that , replace the pipe.
vauxhall would charge a fortune for one off these so stay clear of them, they only supply steel ones which corrode anyway.
some motor factors can make up copper pipes for you if you take the old ones in, but make sure before you take it off.
i do brake pipes on the fiddle for ?10 per pipe so a small garage would probably charge around ?20 per pipe.
if you can get your hands on a pipe flaring kit a roll of brake pipe will cost around ?5 and the pipe ends are only pennies.

neil2uk
22-10-02, 12:39 AM
hello thanks everyone for your help and advice i went to a tyre place today and they made me a front pipe up for ?3.50 :) and it went on without any problems