PDA

View Full Version : How long do you have to own a car before

L14MNP
12-09-08, 12:27 PM
the dirt etc inside of it is yours, and the 3 second rule applies for dropping certain foodstuffs and being able to still consume?

This follows on from a discussion I had on MSN with Iain, obviously I mean a new to you second hand car. I say it needs a good couple of hooverings etc before it feels like yours.

Discuss lol

Pistol Pete
12-09-08, 12:40 PM
I normally wash/hoover out cars at the earliest opportunity! Makes them feel like mine, and is a good way to really check it over. As for dropping foodstuffs and consuming, no chance not even if i have hoovered!!

Iain
12-09-08, 12:52 PM
As for dropping foodstuffs and consuming, no chance not even if i have hoovered!!

What if it's something delicious and irreplaceable, like a Twix?

L14MNP
12-09-08, 12:54 PM
Certain items can be dropped and be perfectly fine, I wouldn't eat say a..

Actually I am struggling to think of anything that wouldn't survive the drop lol

Spudly
12-09-08, 01:00 PM
I always give my new cars a good valet before ill really go anywhere in them and then they pretty much feel like your own straight away, but if its a project car then by the time youve got it all on the road its definately your car anyways, my GTE will be nice and clean as the caarpets are coming out to be jetwashed at work soon :thumb:

L14MNP
12-09-08, 01:12 PM
Agreed on the project car thing mate, yeah you need to wash/hoover them straight away but imo it still doesn't feel 'yours' straight away lol

Pistol Pete
12-09-08, 01:30 PM
What if it's something delicious and irreplaceable, like a Twix?

meh, its a Twix. Double Decker then maybe...lol

brainsnova
12-09-08, 01:34 PM
have you noticed once your valet inside your car it feels amazing to drive again :D

Spudly
12-09-08, 01:42 PM
have you noticed once your valet inside your car it feels amazing to drive again :D

And if you give them a really good polish also has this effect, alomst feels faster due to less friction with the air lmfao lol

Jack
12-09-08, 01:52 PM
My first saloon was previously owned by some old chap who died (hence family selling the car). When I turned on the blower, all this dust came out and the gf of the time freaked out, going on about it being "old dead man dust"

I was like WTF, like they put his ashes in the blower vents? lol lol lol

L14MNP
12-09-08, 02:05 PM
Classy date Jack lol

Spudly
12-09-08, 02:07 PM
My first saloon was previously owned by some old chap who died (hence family selling the car). When I turned on the blower, all this dust came out and the gf of the time freaked out, going on about it being "old dead man dust"

I was like WTF, like they put his ashes in the blower vents? lol lol lol

You never know it could have been a home made attempt to create a "christine" lol

Welsh Dan
12-09-08, 02:25 PM
After the first time I've cleaned it its 'safe' to use the 3 second rule, with the 5, 10 and 20 second exceptions for things that are particularly tasty.