PDA

View Full Version : LET owners

sulphur
11-09-08, 10:05 PM
Was wondering how a LET nova is to use as a daily driver? I've never actually driven one, but how do they do for fuel consumption, comfort..reliability etc?

Any feedback appreciated:thumb:

DaveMarshall
11-09-08, 10:14 PM
They are fine if you treat them with respect.

Dave.

chris gsi
11-09-08, 10:24 PM
as dave said when i drove his on the road it felt like a normal car his was good on the fuel aswell

Jeff16v
12-09-08, 07:40 AM
as a daily ride they are great fun, you can pull up hills in third saving the need for constant changing of gear in town. if you fancy a little squirt they start to come alive at about 2.5k. Its all point and squirt though. consumption is reasonable tbh, my 1.4 rover uses about the same petrol because i have to rag it to go anywhere.

andybishop
12-09-08, 08:00 AM
There not too bad as a daily driver, mine got a bit of a nightmare with a Helix Paddle Clutch in traffic to work every day.

Lee H
12-09-08, 08:02 AM
I used mine as a daily for about 6 months and it was ok however i'm putting off fitting the other LET i've got in my daily runner as the XE thats in it already is so reliable.

craig green
12-09-08, 11:25 AM
Reliability aside, I'm sure they are fine.

Torquey turbo engines are economic if you dont rag it & boost into high rpm.

sulphur
28-09-08, 10:39 PM
Which would be more beneficial do you reckon?Benficial regarding to fuel economy etc. A practically standard turbo has good power, and should be ok on fuel..but what about a nicely tuned XE? Or does the fuel economy vanish when you start upping the power of an XE?
'Cos it's gonna be a daily, don't wanna be throwing loads out every week on petrol.

help! lol