PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to live (uk)

craig green
11-09-08, 02:42 PM
Anyone actually like where they live? I funking hate it where I am from. Most local citizens are retarded, gormless or so narrowminded it hurts.

Job prospects are minimal, people from the surrounding area just love to hate the town.

Google Bridgwater (spelt correctly) & see what you come up with. Make me laugh! lol

GDN16v
11-09-08, 02:48 PM
"Lightning above Old Taunton Road"lollollollollol

hendrix
11-09-08, 02:48 PM
S****horpe ftw lol lol lol

Dod
11-09-08, 02:49 PM
I know its not the UK, but I wouldnt leave my County for anything. Ok theres **** all work, the mojority of the population are foreigners or idiots but its home and nothing would ever take me from home.

L14MNP
11-09-08, 02:50 PM
I hate living up hear mate, Sunderland in the North East. Sod all job opportunities and we are a confirmed victim of the north/south divide. It is getting worse too.
Some recent program apparently said the two worst places to live in England were Hull and Sunderland. 'Nuff said.

I have an idea what you mean about Bridgy lol. my mate is going out with a girl from Taunton and I have been down there a few times for vanfest etc and there is nothing, even less than here if it's possible lol.

He lives on the outskirts of Newcastle, a city which is always developing and has pleanty of opportunity and she is trying to get him to move to Taunton lol

Newcastle is only about 12 miles from me, and when qualified there will be work there, it's just annoying that there is such a difference. Sunderland city council have a lot to answer for imo.

General Baxter
atherstone is very good for warehouse jobs, shame there full of polish lol

we have the main depos
TNT, ALDI, BHS,

you could away move to brum and patrol the m6 in a pimped out rangey lol

FUSION X16XE
lol you live in Bridgewater? A mate moved there and moved back a year later lol He used to live by the docks in the new estates.

Tbh i no Eastbourne is full of oaps but its alrite, im going to move to the country when i can afford it as then ill have more room for storing cars lol

craig green
"Lightning above Old Taunton Road"lollollollollol

You must have googled it to have found that.... :thumb:

Apparently doctors in the area have an abbreviation, NFB. Normal For Bridgwater that they use on prescriptions & diagnosis when the patient is a muppet. lol

hendrix
11-09-08, 02:51 PM
pmsl baxter, sounds like scunny!!
I walked through the town centre the other weekend and didn't actually hear anyone speaking english hah

hendrix
11-09-08, 02:52 PM
seriously this country pretty much sucks!

craig green
11-09-08, 02:53 PM
lol you live in Bridgewater? A mate moved there and moved back a year later lol He used to live by the docks in the new estates.

Tbh i no Eastbourne is full of oaps but its alrite, im going to move to the country when i can afford it as then ill have more room for storing cars lol

Theres no E in Bridge dude. Yeah that sounds right. I live near the docks too. Its a real shame the place is such a boring hole, its situated quite nicely in the UK, good road networks & the stunning countryside is literally 10 minutes away from town, the coast is also 10 minutes away.

It does feel like we are trapped in some kind of sleepy corner of Britain that people have forgotten about though. Trends & fashions take years to catch on.

loggyboy
11-09-08, 02:54 PM
Best 20 Places To Live

Edinburgh: The Best Place To Live
Winchester: 2nd Best
Epsom & Ewell: 3rd Best
Waverley: 4th Best
Mole Valley: 5th Best
Surrey Heath: 6th Best
South Cambridgeshire: 7th Best
Chelmsford: 8th Best
Horsham: 9th Best
Elmbridge: 10th Best
East Dunbartonshire: 11th Best
Guildford:12th Best
St Albans: 13th Best
Rushcliffe: 14th Best
Bath & NE Somerset: 15th Best
Mid Sussex: 16th Best
Suffolk Coastal: 17th Best
South Northamptonshire: 18th Best
Reigate And Banstead: 19th Best
Wokingham: 20th Best

Winchester is 10 mins down the road and id move there if I had the inclination, also work near wokingham, its quiet but nice.

Worst 20 Places To Live

Middlesbrough: Worst Place To Live
Kingston upon Hull: 2nd Worst
Newham: 3rd Worst
Nottingham: 4th Worst
Merthyr Tydfil: 5th Worst
North East Lincolnshire: 6th Worst
Islington: 7th Worst
Blaenau Gwent: 8th Worst
Mansfield: 9th Worst
Knowsley: 10th Worst
Blackpool: 11th Worst
Hackney: 12th Worst
Stoke-on-Trent: 13th Worst
Barking & Dagenham: 14th Worst
Doncaster: 15th Worst
Cannock Chase: 16th Worst
Manchester: 17th Worst
Haringey: 18th Worst
Burnley: 19th Worst
Hartlepool: 20th Worst

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/best-and-worst/

hendrix
11-09-08, 02:55 PM
Trends & fashions take years to catch on.
Think thats a general town thing mate.
Lived in sheffield and girls wore the skirts with footless leggings things 2 years before it caught on in Scunny hahaha 'tards lol

hendrix
11-09-08, 02:55 PM
Well I'm close to Hull, Donny and north east lincs. woop woop lol

craig green
11-09-08, 02:56 PM
atherstone is very good for warehouse jobs, shame there full of polish lol

we have the main depos
TNT, ALDI, BHS,

you could away move to brum and patrol the m6 in a pimped out rangey lol

All the jobs here are warehouse & factory type stuff. Your average Bridgy citizen either makes fruit juice or works in the Argos warehouse.

I did go for a job as a motorway patrolman, but the appl form was horrendous!

Dod
11-09-08, 02:57 PM
Ireland was the Best Country in the World to live in in 2004.

GDN16v
You must have googled it to have found that.... :thumb:

I certainly did matey!!;) lol

Ive recently drove down to Yate in Bristol to see my girlfriends sister (she moved down theyre) and i have to say, Bristol's no picturesque city:cry::eek: Although Castle Coombe race circuit is only something like 10 mile away from them!:D

craig green
Worst 20 Places To Live

Stoke-on-Trent: 13th Worst

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/best-and-worst/

All oop Norf!

L14MNP
11-09-08, 02:59 PM
Smogland (Middlesbrough) is a confirmed **** hole! The sun never shines thanks to the ICI plant there. Lovely.

FUSION X16XE
11-09-08, 03:00 PM
Google Bridgwater (spelt correctly)

Theres no E in Bridge dude.

Ooops lol

The place does have potential, as you said its got good transport links and is a lovely area its just the people that let it down (not you) lol

Lmfao at NFB

craig green
11-09-08, 03:02 PM

Ive recently drove down to Yate in Bristol to see my girlfriends sister (she moved down theyre) and i have to say, Bristol's no picturesque city:cry::eek: Although Castle Coombe race circuit is only something like 10 mile away from them!:D

I can't stand Bristol. Lots going on there but so dodgy & you certainly wouldnt sleep at night if you own a Nova. Quite a lot of local culture, music & cheap smack to be had though.....

I got from my house to spectating at Castle Combe on Saturday last week in 55mins.

L14MNP
11-09-08, 03:11 PM
Another thing worth mentioning regarding my mate and Taunton, he as good as lives there now, his lass is a trainee accountant and he has a decent (i think) media degree, has dreams of being a camera man for BBC Bristol, but will take anything in the BBC at first as an in.
What is he doing at present? Unpacking frozen foods in a factory lol and that took a while to materialize. Under the thumb FTL lol

Stuart
11-09-08, 03:13 PM
I really like living in Bishops Stortford. Houses are cheap due to cretins being scared of the airport noise (when its acutally pretty damn quiet compared to some main roads I've lived next to). People are nice, pubs are good, trains to London are great, Roads are great etc, Its not in Essex (just) which is really great.... although I do work in Sarf essex lol.

Jack
11-09-08, 03:15 PM
I sure as funk wouldn't want to live in Bristol either!

Bridgwater is indeed a dump. I'm not sure why its so bland, as Craig said its in a prime location really. Its similar to Yeovil, although I'd rate the town itself a little better than Bridgwater - at least we have the football club and OTS cinema complex. Both towns have a very similar populace of retards though lol

I've heard Edinburgh is supposed to be the best place to live. Personally, I'd like to live somewhere in Cornwall. Once I've won the lottery lol

Taunton isn't too bad tbh - out of Somerset's Big Five (Taunton, Yeovil, Weston, Bridgwater, Frome) its deffo the pick of the bunch.

craig green
11-09-08, 03:25 PM
I disagree Jack. I certainly wouldnt want to live any further South than B/w tbh. Taunton thrives on the misfortune of Bridgwater. Far haigher crime, waaay more Chav's & unsavoury characters about the place. Most people there thenk they are 'the sh*t'. I funkin hate the place.

As for living further South, lovely if you want the quiet life, but my comments about feeling cut off from the rest of the country apply 10 fold as you move into Devon/Cornwall.

Stuart
11-09-08, 03:25 PM
yep, I'd move to somewhere near Watergate bay, sufficiently far away from Newquay but still has a good beach etc :D

Jack
11-09-08, 03:35 PM
I like the isolation of being out in the sticks though, but then I'm a grumpy b'stard who doesn't like people.

Plus, apparently, I'm a pirate so would fit in well down in Cornwall lol

GDN16v
11-09-08, 03:39 PM
I like the isolation of being out in the sticks though, but then I'm a grumpy b'stard who doesn't like people.

Plus, apparently, I'm a pirate so would fit in well down in Cornwall lol

lollollollollol

craig green
11-09-08, 03:41 PM
yep, I'd move to somewhere near Watergate bay, sufficiently far away from Newquay but still has a good beach etc :D

Hundreds of good beaches down there Stu, most of them no one know about.

I could easily live out in the sticks, I lovbe being cut off & brething fresh air, not seeing a single soul or man made structure. But at this point in my life I'd sooner be where its happening & not have to spend loads on transporting myself to & from shops, pubs, social events & anything that interests me.

Jim Mcrae
11-09-08, 03:42 PM
I was in Bridgewater today on route to Bristol, god i was glad to get home lol

Alex.
11-09-08, 04:15 PM
I live about 15 mins away from Bridgwater and it's lovely! HaHa! I'd say Highbridge is worse then Bridgwater, but then it's not as big. Highbridge is so disgusting and the people make me urge. Went to the Coopers Arms the other night and it was an ok pub, but the bar-girls were typical Highbridge type. Highbridge is where the misfits from Bridgwater go and that's bad!!

Personally, I'd want to live in Cheltenham, it's got everything I want! Good shopping, culture, nice people and scenery. But you go 30 mins up the road to Gloucester and it's the total opposite to Cheltenham. :confused:

jord4n
11-09-08, 04:51 PM
Some recent program apparently said the two worst places to live in England were Hull and Sunderland. 'Nuff said.

oi i live in hull, nothing wrong with it if you steal cars and hunt for copper!

just vaux trev
11-09-08, 04:55 PM
Worst 20 Places To Live

Stoke-on-Trent: 13th Worst <<<love it

Andy_L
11-09-08, 05:00 PM

Yate's not in Bristol, it's about 7 miles north of Bristol. You should have gone to Chipping Sodbury lots of pubs very close together :thumb:

Bristol's gone really down hill IMO since I moved away, but it's still got its sights just not as many as people think. Then again I live near Cardiff now and it's not picturesque either, but then I class picturesque as something like Bruges :cool:

IF you're up around Park Street or Whiteladies Road in an evening then it's fine but down the bottom, well I'd want a stab vest tbh if out in the evening. Shops are awesome in park street though.

Just loads of students everywhere

GDN16v
11-09-08, 05:04 PM
Yate's not in Bristol, it's about 7 miles north of Bristol.

Yeah i know mate! They live in Yate and we drove into Bristol, dont get me wrong theyre are some nice spots but the nice spots are over in a flash!! compared to driving through some rough areas in Bristol!:thumb:

Clifton Bridge was a good sight!! Nice pint of cider at the pub over looking it aswell!:D

Jack
11-09-08, 05:06 PM
Bristol's gone really down hill IMO since I moved away
Ego-tastic lol lol lol

I forgot about Cheltenham, I'd like to live there. Had a couple of ex's there, one of whom lived in a really nice flat just outside of the town centre, then moved back in with her mum in a fantastic house in Prestbury.

Shame she was a bihotch. Her sister looked like Hagrid though, so there wasn't really any scope to bone her instead as an excuse to stay up there :(

craig green
11-09-08, 05:06 PM
IF you're up around Park Street or Whiteladies Road in an evening then it's fine but down the bottom, well I'd want a stab vest tbh if out in the evening. Shops are awesome in park street though.

Just loads of students everywhere

Around about now,, fresshers week. Should be totty heaven. PNG field trip anyone? :D

Andy_L
11-09-08, 05:07 PM
*Shudder* the rough areas in Bristol are really rough. I remember going with some mates to pick a car up just very slightly in St. Pauls. Had eyes in the back of my head, side of my head etc etc.

craig green
11-09-08, 05:08 PM
Worst 20 Places To Live

Stoke-on-Trent: 13th Worst <<<love it

I think Stoke is great too.

Martin
Doncaster: 15th Worst FTW

Sc unthopre is also a good place, but like they says.. Theres only one C unt in Sc unthopre

Andy_L
Ego-tastic lol lol lol

lollol I may have phrased that slightly wrong

GDN16v
Around about now,, fresshers week. Should be totty heaven. PNG field trip anyone? :D

I'D drive down for that!lollollollol

Lee
11-09-08, 05:09 PM

Bristol is a dive i agree, but Yate and Chipping Sodbury is where I want to end up. Its also where my barn is. I love it round there.

Jack
11-09-08, 05:10 PM
I used to drive thru Old Sodbury on the way to Chelt. Made I snigger, tee hee

Martin
Meh theres Scruffy/rough places and theres Dangerous/Rough places..

altho the Dangerous one sdont smell..

GDN16v
Bristol is a dive i agree, but Yate and Chipping Sodbury is where I want to end up. Its also where my barn is. I love it round there.

Ah yeah, Yate is a nice little place, quite quiet!!:):cool:

Lee
11-09-08, 05:11 PM
You also wouldnt believe the industrial estate hidden round the back of it. if you need something done, you'll find somewhere to do it in there!

GDN16v
11-09-08, 05:13 PM
You also wouldnt believe the industrial estate hidden round the back of it. if you need something done, you'll find somewhere to do it in there!

Thats where her partner works, in that industrial estate! Nice little sandwich van on the way in aswell FTWlollollol

Mike
11-09-08, 05:15 PM
Cant believe no ones mentioned Shrewsbury? A fantastically clean city centre, next to no foriegeners but quite a few welsh people (who, incidently, i think welsh are a reet laugh when pished up!)

Yea its got some parts that are a complete dive (York Road for example) but 15mins out off the town is a lovely little village called Atcham, its likes something out of Emmerdale!! When i have the fundage, ill be house hunting there without a doubt!!

craig green
11-09-08, 05:15 PM
I'D drive down for that!lollollollol

Dont joke about it, we went into Bristol on a freshers week Saturday night about 5 years ago. I soiled my pants & couldnt speak for mumbling within 5 minutes of arriving.

The UWE/Bristol Uni chicks in Park Street & Corn street (aptly named) are outta this world.

So Bristol does have its plus points. Oh & the DnB scene is massive there too.

ade
11-09-08, 05:16 PM
Have to say I quite like the village I live in - love driving from town back home and apart from the Scottish weather and the feckin midgies (which you only get on the west coast of Scotland) its nice and quite.

Lived (and work) in Glasgow and its depressing.
Lived (and used to work) in Edinburgh and that was okay - felt safe even though it was the murder capital of the UK when I was there (not coz of me though!)

Lived in Sunderland whilst at Uni and have to agree it's sh1te but I love the North East accent!
Lived in Newcastle for a while apart from the night life (feckin dangerous) is okay but a tad sh1tey

My grand parents live in Middlesborough and I have fond memories of the blue car transporter thing, Redcar beach - the sand, the sea the smell of rotting eggs from the ICI plant (They filmed part of Freddie Krugger and Robocop at abandoned factories in the North East?)

And I was born in Stafford not far from Cannock Chase - actually really liked it even though there's no jobs.

Worst place I lived - London - 6 months and it was HELL. People were so anti social.

My life in a nutshell...

GDN16v
11-09-08, 05:17 PM
Dont joke about it, we went into Bristol on a freshers week Saturday night about 5 years ago. I soiled my pants & couldnt speak for mumbling within 5 minutes of arriving.

The UWE/Bristol Uni chicks in Park Street & Corn street (aptly named) are outta this world.

So Bristol does have its plus points. Oh & the DnB scene is massive there too.
I think i'll have to pop down just to see the nice uni birds!

Some lovely uni women up hear aswell, Thursday nights out are filled with uni totty and rich chicks!:D:D:D

Lived in Newcastle for a while apart from the night life (feckin dangerous) is okay but a tad sh1tey

Hey, nee slating wor toon! lmao Great in Newcastle, just make sure you stay out the West end and youre fine!lollollol

craig green
11-09-08, 05:18 PM
Worst place I lived - London - 6 months and it was HELL. People were so anti social.

London is such a miserable place. On a rainy day it'd make me wanna commit suicide.

Andy_L
11-09-08, 05:21 PM
I never thought I'd see the day a Yate love in!! Amazing how different people have different opinions. I think on facebook there's a group I hate Yate!!

I know what you mean though it's a place to go once you've done the hustle and bustle of life.

EDIT Search on facebook for
Yate is a complete hole, burn it to the ground...

Mike
11-09-08, 05:21 PM
London is such a miserable place. On a rainy day it'd make me wanna commit suicide.

Are you related to Mark Speight by any change lol lol

ade
11-09-08, 05:25 PM
I think i'll have to pop down just to see the nice uni birds!

Some lovely uni women up hear aswell, Thursday nights out are filled with uni totty and rich chicks!:D:D:D

Hey, nee slating wor toon! lmao Great in Newcastle, just make sure you stay out the West end and youre fine!lollollol
Have to agree with the nice totty from the Uni - fun was always to be had with a couple of student nurses...

Lol at the west end. I lived in Wallsend for 5 yrs - everyone said it was pure mental but it was actually alright. used to get the Metro to South Shields and ar$e about on the arcades...

fun times...

GDN16v
11-09-08, 05:27 PM
Have to agree with the nice totty from the Uni - fun was always to be had with a couple of student nurses...

Lol at the west end. I lived in Wallsend for 5 yrs - everyone said it was pure mental but it was actually alright. Yoused to get the Metro to South Shields and ar$e about on the arcades...

fun times...

Wallsend inst bad at all! South Shields, pppiiiiiissssshhhtt thats swearing in Newcastle (over the river)lol lol lol North Shields is better!!!;)

Alex.
11-09-08, 05:54 PM
I couldn't live in London either. It's a hole full of weird and very anti-social people. And they're rude! They just push past you, grrr :mad:

Stuart
11-09-08, 06:23 PM
Hundreds of good beaches down there Stu, most of them no one know about.

oh I know ;)
Lived in Cornwall for 5 years in the 90's. Was ace bar summer then it got invaded by fooking foreigners..... erm other brits lol
We always holiday down there in November to avoid other tourists, and my fave beach has better waves then too

Breeny
11-09-08, 06:33 PM
London.... anti social.. ?! Are you joking?!

S1M0N
11-09-08, 06:37 PM
I Know how you feel craig, bridgwater is actually a ****pit! 90% of the population cant even spell theyre name! haha

Ben
11-09-08, 06:41 PM

Thats like saying London's a dive because slough it s **** hole.

Bristol is a very pretty city and has a lot going for it.

The drug problems associated are all blwon out of proportion by the press, in all fairness all citys have drug problems and all have bad areas.

Its all about what you like and dont, the smell in bridgwater is enough to put me off and thats from the M5 let alone inside.

I like Cardiff as a city but couldnt live there.

TBH the UK sucks atm and im glad to be away for a few years, Antwerp is the future! (i know its not the uk as title states)

Great Job, Awesome city and to be on of Michael Palins favorite places on earth puts it up there for me!

Jack
11-09-08, 06:49 PM
I'd quite like to visit Antwerp tbh. What little I've seen of it (whilst getting lost off the ring lol) does look good.

Ben
11-09-08, 06:50 PM
lmfao ask Will F what he thinks about it lol lol lol

Riggy
11-09-08, 07:03 PM
lol manchester FTW

but as said every place has bad areas , google "langley" in middleton manchester for where i live lol

dan16v
11-09-08, 07:04 PM
I like where i live, can be abit expensive, but the forest is a 2min walk from my front door, and the beach is a 5min drive down the road, and then got a well paid job which is also a 10min drive away, sorted!lol

dj_wudgey
11-09-08, 07:09 PM
Well I'm close to Hull, Donny and north east lincs. woop woop lol

yep im from doncaster and its a sh*t holelol

Stuart
11-09-08, 07:10 PM
London.... anti social.. ?! Are you joking?!

Indeed... OK the underground and tourist shopping areas are a bit pants, but you get into the slightly off the usual track bars/pubs and you are onto a cracking winner.
I tend to drink in the Legal end of the city as the best real ale pubs are there :D and oddly its cheaper (including the train fare) to drink in the pubs I like in London than it is to drink in BS lmao

Andy
11-09-08, 07:30 PM
Scarborough is a nice place to live.Summer it gets crowded because of everyone coming here for holidays but its generally peaceful. Im originally from Hull,I lived there 21 years and would not ever move back,i hate it.Smackheads,thieves,alcoholics,charvers,prostitu tion,violent crime iraqi,albanian and kosovan immigrants-yeah got a lot going for it hey?! lol

Lynsey
11-09-08, 07:36 PM
Shut it Rigster, you live in Wythenshawe lol

Well, I think Manchester is always going to be my 'home', my mum lives in Wilmslow (Cheshire border BTW- Very posh ;))

Wilmslow is well known, like Alderley Edge, for having many famous residents, notably footballers, stars of Coronation Street (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_Street) and rich Manchester businessmen. The town is part of the so-called Golden Triangle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Triangle_(Cheshire)) in the north west together with Alderley Edge and Prestbury (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prestbury). It grew in popularity in the Victorian era (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_era) as a most desirable area for wealthy Manchester businessmen to move out to once the railways arrived and connected the towns.

and my dad always lived in Moss Side (Erm... rough as feck but handy for going to watch City at Maine Road back in the day)

Moss Side has achieved notoriety since the early 1980s for a high-profile gang culture and its associated criminal, drugs and firearms activity. This allegedly began in the 1970s at a time of rising unemployment and racism towards Moss Side's significant Black British/Afro Caribbean community. Unable to make a living from legitimate means some Moss Side residents turned to the drug trade - mainly the sale of cannabis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis), in order to make a living.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moss_Side#cite_note-1) '
By the mid/late 1980s drug dealing in Manchester started to become more and more lucrative. This coincided with the arrival of a new style of music at the city's Haçienda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fac_51_Hacienda) nightclub - acid house (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_house), and associated with that was the use of a drug called ecstasy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylenedioxymethamphetamine). A rapid rise in the use of ecstasy along with the 'Madchester (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madchester)' culture this spawned drew the attention of criminals in Greater Manchester not just in Moss Side but from other area's as well - in particular Cheetham Hill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheetham_Hill), Longsight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longsight) and Salford (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Salford). Furthermore there's an urban legend that criminals from Moss Side took part in an armed robbery in a part of Manchester that Cheetham Hill considered as their 'territory' and in turn lit the fuse for a turf war for the control of the city's drug and criminal activity.

so I got to appreciate both sides of life lol

I will be moving down to Baaaaaath for a few years 'til I can persuade Dougie to go back to his roots and move up to Edinburgh (or nearby).

I love it up there, his parents live in such an awesome place. There is the city 20 mins away and amazing roads and scenery 5 mins the other way. Can't beat Scotland for good roads :p

dj_wudgey
11-09-08, 07:54 PM
and my dad always lived in Moss Side (Erm... rough as feck but handy for going to watch City at Maine Road back in the day)

city fan lots of resect due here :thumb: my family all life long blues aswell!!!!!

Benn
11-09-08, 08:23 PM
Not bad down herre dude.

Martingsi
11-09-08, 08:31 PM
ESSEX FTW!!!
haha

Ash
11-09-08, 09:24 PM
Somerset's big known '5 are all ****holes full of bored thugs, theres loads of nice villages about, but there full of old people and you have to travel miles to do/get anything.

I was very impressed with Reading when I lived there for a year, M3, M4, M25 all a stone throw away. about 1 hr-ish from alot of the big race curcuits. London is 25mins on the train, every hour. All problem I could see was the beach was 2 hours away...

My other options would be Bath - good for my work, or somewhere in the New Forest type area, between Bournmouth and Southampton for night life and work, quiet area, ralling, coast....

boyle_46
11-09-08, 09:31 PM
i quite like where i live in northern ireland , pretty quiet and very low crime rate , rarely a car gets stolen or damaged .

Jack
11-09-08, 10:40 PM
Ash, whats the journey time from Yobvil to Reading?

Cormac
11-09-08, 11:02 PM
The only place i think could drag me away from ireland would be bonnie scotland, I love it over there, The highlands to edinburgh its all great!!

Lynsey
11-09-08, 11:05 PM
You live in Derry, my cat's called Derry :D

I'd love to live in Ireland but I think I'd fall in love with every Irish bloke (or maybe even lady) that I spoke to lol

burgo
11-09-08, 11:07 PM
best place to live is my house :). i pay feck all but get fed, have me own room plus a games room and obviously i have a garage :)

Bouch
11-09-08, 11:24 PM
Here's my two pence worth.

I was born in Taunton, My family live in Bridgwater(or very near), i've spent more time than i care to mention in Somerset. Have been going to Carnival in Bridgy and North Petherton every year since i was 15 and for years and years i really wanted to move back. But after my cousin came down to visit me in Pembrokeshire and said "what a stunning place to live", i've changed my mind.
I've realised i like Bridgwater for my family, falling out of Palace at 2 in the morning and Carnival.

So from someone that knows Bridgy, i'd say try West Wales........

Ash
11-09-08, 11:31 PM
Ash, whats the journey time from Yobvil to Reading?

Standard - 2hrs
PB - 1.40hrs

> A303 - M3 - A30 (Basingstoke) - A33 - Done

A33 not a great road TBH, traffic wise.

brainsnova
11-09-08, 11:35 PM
i would say Edinburgh but there are some areas best avoided

Alex.
12-09-08, 08:38 AM
See, I wouldn't wanna live in Bath. I just don't like it there, it's lots of things thrown into a place that's not overly big enough to fit it all in. The housing looks cramped and it's over-rated imo.

Lee
12-09-08, 09:20 AM
I was very impressed with Reading when I lived there for a year, M3, M4, M25 all a stone throw away. about 1 hr-ish from alot of the big race curcuits. London is 25mins on the train, every hour. All problem I could see was the beach was 2 hours away...

LMFAO, you really ARE on crack lol

Reading is turning into a mini London, we get the same amount of stabbings as them, but hardly ever the coverage lol

Welsh Dan
12-09-08, 09:31 AM
Cant believe no ones mentioned Shrewsbury? A fantastically clean city centre, next to no foriegeners but quite a few welsh people (who, incidently, i think welsh are a reet laugh when pished up!)

Yea its got some parts that are a complete dive (York Road for example) but 15mins out off the town is a lovely little village called Atcham, its likes something out of Emmerdale!! When i have the fundage, ill be house hunting there without a doubt!!

Whittington is nice aswell :).

LEWI007
12-09-08, 09:32 AM
I agree with liam sunderland is crap this is the place to be:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/365128825_18acedaa0d.jpg

Miami :thumb:

RSTChris
12-09-08, 09:36 AM
Sheffields OK i s'pose, its hardly perfect but its home and i like it

craig green
12-09-08, 09:37 AM
I want to Live in Bournemouth. I went to Uni there, the women are fantastic, night life is good, generally quite a nice area though like any large town theres a lot of beggars & homeless it seems.

Lynsey
12-09-08, 09:52 AM
See, I wouldn't wanna live in Bath. I just don't like it there, it's lots of things thrown into a place that's not overly big enough to fit it all in. The housing looks cramped and it's over-rated imo.

And it's full of FREAKS! Sorry, 'cultured' folk lol

craig green
12-09-08, 10:29 AM
Bill Bailey comes from Bath. He's hilarious.

Place is overrated & overpriced though.

Jack
12-09-08, 10:31 AM
Bath is like a mini-cheltenham tbh

Ben
12-09-08, 10:34 AM
The center of Bath is nice and pretty but the estates on the outskirts are proper rough and nasty, places like Twerton and Fairfield Park etc

Ben
Bath is like a mini-cheltenham tbh

Lol and thats the same as Bath, nice center but outskirts are rough as a cactus!

Dod
The center of Bath is nice and pretty but the estates on the outskirts are proper rough and nasty, places like Twerton and Fairfield Park etc

I have Family in Fairfield Park, and iirc Lynz has family in Twerton.

craig green
12-09-08, 10:35 AM
We bought Timmy's GSi from some pikey estate on the outskirts of Bath. We ended up with an audience of Chav's watching us look over the car.

Ben
12-09-08, 10:36 AM
I have Family in Fairfield Park, and iirc Lynz has family in Twerton.

My point exactly!

Dod
12-09-08, 10:37 AM
lol

mowgli
12-09-08, 10:46 AM
I agree with liam sunderland is crap this is the place to be:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/365128825_18acedaa0d.jpg

Miami :thumb:

have you ever been there with a local???? if you go down any of the side streets, watch out because after 100 yds or so, you are in some latino slum, the actual main strip is some overpriced pretentious parade of plastic surgery, & the rest of miami is featureless & takes 2 hrs to drive to the other side.....

my missus was brought up in south beach when the locals still spoke english, & her aunt works in the education dept... some of the stories she can tell......

NovaGuy1400SRi
12-09-08, 01:22 PM
Can't beat Scotland for good roads :p

:thumb:

I dont think i'd leave Scotland to be honest, where i am just now aint too bad, Edinburgh less than an hours drive away, as Lynz said, there are quite a few good roads around here too :D

[EDIT] Also found this link about Glenrothes where i stay- http://www.yell.com/find/DoFindLocations/lo/uk+Fife+Glenrothes

Riggy
12-09-08, 01:42 PM
Shut it Rigster, you live in Wythenshawe lol

how dare you i live no where near there lol , middleton lad me lol

Cormac
13-09-08, 08:48 AM
You live in Derry, my cat's called Derry :D

I'd love to live in Ireland but I think I'd fall in love with every Irish bloke (or maybe even lady) that I spoke to lol

why oh why would you call your cat Derry??? lol

boyle_46
13-09-08, 02:10 PM
hmm I love living in Northern Ireland / Ireland , Lisburn is a fairly quiet place with a small crime rate , i hate the way england has different gangs and people are getting stabbed every 5 minutes over here used to be bad back in the seventies with the whole troubles thing but know i guess im lucky to live in a mixed area where there is no trouble anymore , i also visted London and i would never go back too many different cultures there .