PDA

View Full Version : Which directions should i take the nova in?

TWAG
10-09-08, 04:25 PM
Seeing as the weather is not going to improve this year ive been thinking about what to do with the nova other the winter. Ive been doing as much research as possible on the nova sprint c (which believe me isnt alot).

Engine will be coming out so i can fit strengthing kit, 6 speed box, corsa brack servo and a nice lick of paint.

I think the kit is a bit of a waste as it is now, so i want to replicate the original sprint c more. Theses are the pics that im going to base mine around.Ive already sorted the boot, so the main thing will be to try and get the graphics made, not sure its going to be easy to get a spot on match. Should i go back to having door handles as well??? Ride hight on mine will have to go up as well i think.

http://www.autowp.ru/pictures/irmscher_opel/corsa_sprint_c/autowp.ru_irmscher_corsa_sprint_c_1.jpg

http://www.autowp.ru/pictures/opel/corsa/autowp.ru_opel_corsa_sprint_4.jpg

As for the interior, i wanted to repicate the original sprint interior, which was a striped out rally style, but there is no way i would be able to get hold of the gauges and dash parts. So i thinking of going for striped out with no carpets, stick with my carbon doorcards and fit a flocked mk1 dash.

This is what the original inside looked like

http://www.opel-corsa-a.com/Pictures/images/85-3_Sprint_02.jpg

So what do you all think?

krobinson
10-09-08, 05:32 PM
Good ideas mate, I think you'd be best to get the decals sorted for sure.

stevie-p
10-09-08, 05:35 PM
got ahard job ahead off you but go for it you have some good ideas and sure sounds like you have done your revision

sport
10-09-08, 05:36 PM
The outside of your car has been crying out to be finished as a sprint replica imho and what you have planed for the interior sounds perfect.

vaughanmc
10-09-08, 05:38 PM
Sprint replica FTW - Very cool and unusual :)

dan16v
10-09-08, 07:13 PM
Put a trimmed interior in and sell me the cage lol

TWAG
10-09-08, 09:02 PM
Put a trimmed interior in and sell me the cage lol

Lol! not a chance!

Decals are deffinatly going to happen! i would of done it this year but im having the car sprayed again so thought it was best to wait.

its a shame theres not more details on the sprint. Ive spent hours hunting!

ade
10-09-08, 09:27 PM
decals wise shouldnt be a problem - I'll let you know how the decals I'm getting made up for my SR come out and if theyre good then you're in luck as I think the supplier is very reasonable price wise...

Most of the graphics are simple lines with diagonal cuts. I'm guessing you could make up a vinyl strip with colours embedded as one or get vinyl sections. The only bit that's awkward is the SPRINT text however it looks remarkably like the SR style text only bigger and not in italics which is a bonus as its v easy to replicate if not in italics!

And if you have an actual decal to work from it's even easier!

Your 1st task is to get the kit made up for dimensions...vinyl's the last thing on your shopping list.

sport
10-09-08, 09:56 PM
its a shame theres not more details on the sprint. Ive spent hours hunting!

Ive a brochure here that you can make out has a full interior which is the same brown trim as the sport has. I think the interior pic you have is of the rally prototype which i think the bucket seats are blue as im sure ive seen a colour pic before.

TWAG
10-09-08, 10:02 PM
I dont want to keep interior as striped out, as i think it suits the car. Your right the pic is of the prototype release in 1983. When the sprint was released in 1985 it had a full interior.

The kit is already on the car, so i can get dimensions. I have found the original brochure for the sprint on german ebay, so im going to get that which should help with the design of the graphics.

Its going to be a mission, but well worth it.

novacabrio
10-09-08, 10:28 PM
pm duick fro details on the sprint

sport
10-09-08, 10:46 PM
Ive a brochure here that you can make out has a full interior which is the same brown trim as the sport has. I think the interior pic you have is of the rally prototype which i think the bucket seats are blue as im sure ive seen a colour pic before.

I fail the bucket seats were red.

Ben
10-09-08, 10:57 PM
pm duick fro details on the sprint

lol i was going to write that!

Craig, stick some pics of your car as it is up, not seen it in years!

TWAG
11-09-08, 08:51 AM
This is how it looks at the moment, cheers for the info guys

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/twag/S8000995.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/twag/S8000970.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/twag/S8000983.jpg

GDN16v
11-09-08, 09:19 AM
Looks verynice as it is TBH. :thumb::cool::D

Although i do think the graphics would finish it off!!! :thumb:;)

Just one question, in the original pic of the rear of the car the exhaust comes out underneath the rear bumper, but on youres its in a cut out. Was that put in youreself or did it come like that from the factory?:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/twag/S8000995.jpg

Dod
11-09-08, 10:08 AM
Can you get away without the side indicators and Bonnet Vents?

TBH mate, you wont get the Exact Clocks on the car but the holder should be easy enough to replicate with time and effort, the Clocks may even be big spec Ascona/Cavalier Itesms if you're lucky but the dash covering on it, good luck with that.

TWAG
11-09-08, 10:30 AM
Looks verynice as it is TBH. :thumb::cool::D

Although i do think the graphics would finish it off!!! :thumb:;)

Just one question, in the original pic of the rear of the car the exhaust comes out underneath the rear bumper, but on youres its in a cut out. Was that put in youreself or did it come like that from the factory?:)

Cheers! When i got the bumper it had a great big chunk cut out of it, so i had do do something with it. The only way i could get my original exhaust to fit was to have some kind of recess. So after alot of fiberglassing that is what i came up with.

TWAG
11-09-08, 10:33 AM
Can you get away without the side indicators and Bonnet Vents?

TBH mate, you wont get the Exact Clocks on the car but the holder should be easy enough to replicate with time and effort, the Clocks may even be big spec Ascona/Cavalier Itesms if you're lucky but the dash covering on it, good luck with that.

Vents are kind of needed as the engine bay gets very hot with the LET, maybe astra gte vents would be more in keeping?. Not sure if it would pass a mot without side indicators.

Id love it if i could replicate the dash, i will look into the ascona idea.

All these bits of info are very helpfull, cheers again

DaveyLC
11-09-08, 10:38 AM
Not sure if it would pass a mot without side indicators.

On a K plate its required to have side-repeaters but it all depends on how nice your local MOT station is :thumb:

Dod
11-09-08, 11:30 AM
I dunnop, the lads round here can get away with them cuz the indicators on the front are rounded and can be seen from the side so its touch and go.

The GTE Vents are recessed and should look a little more subtle or alternatively, you could remove the fire wall to allow the heat to travel slightly upwards and through the vent in the Scuttle panel. Its a lot bigger and can disperse a lot more heat that way.

craig green
11-09-08, 11:36 AM
TWAG, good move on trying to get yours closer to the original look.

I'm not feeling the Sprint C interior though. I expect it was pretty bespoke at the time, your chances of replicating it are slim & tbh theres no point as it doesnt look a very inviting place to be IMO.

Watch this space though. I may have some stuff to scan in you might be interested in.....

TWAG
11-09-08, 11:46 AM
Watch this space though. I may have some stuff to scan in you might be interested in.....

That would be great!:thumb:

I know would you mean with the interior, the other problem is i would need a custom cage which isnt going to happen

dan16v
11-09-08, 12:36 PM
The GTE Vents are recessed and should look a little more subtle or alternatively, you could remove the fire wall to allow the heat to travel slightly upwards and through the vent in the Scuttle panel. Its a lot bigger and can disperse a lot more heat that way.

Dod, thats prolly not a great idea for twag as iirc he is still running the heater/blower. so would mean hot air in the cabin all the time.

Dod
11-09-08, 12:37 PM
Mmmm, boxing off the Heater would probably be a bit of effort. Its a real pity though. it'd look fantastic in origional form.

Andy_L
11-09-08, 12:54 PM
Sorry for my ignorance but what is the Nova Sprint C?

TWAG
11-09-08, 01:46 PM
It was a rare model made in 1983, i believe the plan was to make 200 of them but im not sure if they ever did build that many.

http://www.autowp.ru/pictures/irmscher_opel/corsa_sprint_c/autowp.ru_irmscher_corsa_sprint_c_1.jpg

dan16v
11-09-08, 02:03 PM
Mmmm, boxing off the Heater would probably be a bit of effort. Its a real pity though. it'd look fantastic in origional form.

Yea, but i think he could get away with out any vents, just being gaylol

Ben
11-09-08, 04:26 PM
IMO i would lose the smooth boot,

As for bonnet vents what about the manta style triangles cut out the bonnet, they look much more retro.

Used to be a yellow SR wide arch with them done, was in a mag years back, looked good imo

dan16v
11-09-08, 04:56 PM
Do agree the smooth boot needs to go, doesnt Phil Lofthouse sp? nova have triangles cut in the bonnet?

Ben
11-09-08, 05:03 PM
Just from a complete anal point of view too, i would get a private plate to hide the k reg!

But i do like it, always has been a nice clean car.

dan16v
11-09-08, 05:10 PM
He may aswell buy my reg, as seems i cant be ****d to use it! A20 LNV

craig green
11-09-08, 05:11 PM
Personally an alloy show cage like a Fearless etc, with some pukka Koenig/Recaro bucket seats retrimmed in leather with matching headlining, dash, doors & even cage padding would look the nuts.

Just put your own spin on the Sprint theme IMO without doing anything too tacky, which I'm sure you wont. Just dont go overboard with pillar pod mounted gauges etc. Btw you'd be insane to put a mk1 dash in it IMO. Grey mk2 dash FTW.

GDN16v
11-09-08, 05:30 PM
Personally an alloy show cage like a Fearless etc, with some pukka Koenig/Recaro bucket seats retrimmed in leather with matching headlining, dash, doors & even cage padding would look the nuts.

Just put your own spin on the Sprint theme IMO without doing anything too tacky, which I'm sure you wont. Just dont go overboard with pillar pod mounted gauges etc. Btw you'd be insane to put a mk1 dash in it IMO. Grey mk2 dash FTW.

^Good idea Mr Green. :cool:New school on the inside / old school on the outside, with the newer reg to throw people!!:thumb:

Ben
11-09-08, 05:32 PM
I personally think show cages should be banned!

TWAG
12-09-08, 08:15 AM
Ive already got a 6 point cage so i wont be going down the show cage route, i agree with ben.

Dan - certainly wouldnt mind your plate, ive always liked it!

New stainless boost pipes arrived today, so the engine bay clean up begins!

Dod
12-09-08, 09:26 AM
I disagree with Craig on this one. I think the Car should be kpet as Retro as possible everywhere apart from under the bonnet. Manta 400 Bonnet vents wouldnt look out of place either, it'd be keeping with the style in that era.

craig green
12-09-08, 09:29 AM
I personally think show cages should be banned!

Kinda agree when it comes to crappy Dimma type ones that bolt to the seat belt mounts & rest on the seat foam or whatever they are. I actually had one of those German Weichers cages in mind you see on euro'd motors. One for sale on MIG.

Anyhow, Twag asked for our input, I added mine. :thumb:

Ben
12-09-08, 09:58 AM
Anyhow, Twag asked for our input, I added mine. :thumb:

exactly, and i added mine. Its all about opinions, no ones right or wrong.

craig green
12-09-08, 10:31 AM
Amen.

btw TWAG. I dug out my Irmscher catalogue. I have part nos for the SPRINT decals.

TWAG
12-09-08, 11:15 AM
Amen.

btw TWAG. I dug out my Irmscher catalogue. I have part nos for the SPRINT decals.

Magic! Could you pm me them please. Dont suppose you got the part number for the rear bumper as well?

craig green
12-09-08, 11:17 AM
I'll go through it again & see. I only scan read it but everything in there has the Irmscher part nos.

TWAG
12-09-08, 11:24 AM
i know its a bit cheeky, but could you scan some of it and email it to me?

dan16v
12-09-08, 12:58 PM
[quote=TWAG]Dan - certainly wouldnt mind your plate, ive always liked it!

[quote]

If you do mate, you can have it for what i paid! as i want to keep the cars std plate now, i must have paid over £100 to keep the plate on retention over the years lmfao!!lol

sport
13-09-08, 09:13 PM
Magic! Could you pm me them please. Dont suppose you got the part number for the rear bumper as well?

Rear bumper 1501752.

Decals 9517480. Im sure thats correct.