PDA

View Full Version : Rear Engined

Matt Finary
18-10-02, 12:35 PM
I know it has been done before, has anyone got pics and a tech spec?
because I have been offered a Nova which is mint except the boot floor and have been thinking about having a go at building one.

Matt :D

Chris LR
19-10-02, 09:57 PM
I remeber this and tried to find photos but the site has gone down.

From memory i think it was a continental car and it was a 1.6

Matt Finary
19-10-02, 10:41 PM
I have seen a 1.8 8v saloon with a supercharger and a 2l 16v hatchback.

I have been thinking of a 1.8 16v with TB's

Matt :D

?Marty?
21-10-02, 03:14 AM
My 'mate' (a bloke i once talked to :lol: ) is building one at the moment with a 2 litre 16v, and when it's running he's gonna 'connect' up the one that's already up in the front. i.e. 4 wheel drive.

Ian
21-10-02, 08:07 PM
that would be dave france.

mowgli
21-10-02, 10:42 PM
I would imagine that getting hold of the front end off a wreck, and getting a good welder to fit the turrets in the back would be the easiest way. You would need a wide arch kit. The biggest pain will be fitting throttle, clutch and gear selection.. Speedy Cables in London (I think) can do any cable. If you use the gbox selector casting from an astra, and have it machined so you can get the selector yoke to point out the front, and modify a mk1/2 astra gear linkage to suit, you should get gears ok.
Get hold of the pipes that connect a skoda engine to its rad, they should connect to a front rad ok in a nova.
Finding rear calipers to fit with a handbrake on might be tricky, senator maybe???
People have done this before, check in the back issues page in Cars & Car Conversions, I'm sure they've featured them before.

Good Luck
Mowgli