PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16v head on to 1.6 8v block!!

walker-nova
09-09-08, 06:02 PM
was woundering if any1 on here could help me out. currently got a 1.6 on 40s in my nova atm. its off the road now for winter as mot is up :(. i ve got a corse gsi 16v head and was woundering if its possible to run it of a dizzy and coil instead of the coil pack they use. i would be fittin twin 45's. any help would be great :thumb:

MC
10-09-08, 11:03 AM
First of all, are you aware that you'll have to change the pistons and pulleys?

Secondly, I don't think the camshaft on the 16xe can drive a dizzy so you would need a dispack and ecu. That can be achieved for a few hundred quid, but you'll also have to pay for it to be mapped.

craig green
10-09-08, 12:22 PM
What about beklts & tensioners. Nat all 8v blocks will take the tensioner.

Just buy a 16v engine & flog your 8v.

GDN16v
10-09-08, 04:34 PM
Just buy a 16v engine & flog your 8v.

Easiest solution, especially as theyre now very cheap!:thumb:

craig green
10-09-08, 05:17 PM
Seeing as the compression won't be ideal for the 16v head & cams, his exhaust manifold won't fit, neither will the inlet so that will need addressing as will the ignition if the 8v has a dizzy.

Its just a no-brainer.

walker-nova
10-09-08, 05:22 PM
cheers for clearing that up lads. was just bein curious as a friend said the early 16v heads fit on the block no problem. i ll just stick to the 8v head then :)

mowgli
10-09-08, 05:40 PM
people's friends should be banned from the forum, & mates as well! some of the things they claim are possible just beggar belief. like the field of novas & the lotus one etc, & how a skyline engine will go straight in....

rant over

walker-nova
10-09-08, 06:12 PM
ano wat your say there mowgli but dont think mine was a far fetched as u claimed eg skyline engine in a nova. all i did was ask a simple question to find out the information i was looking. and that i did soo cheers for those who helped ;)

Adam
10-09-08, 08:58 PM
Well, he is right in theory, the head does bolt right on.
But a lot of bits are different(pistons/cambelt tensioner/rollers etc etc)