PDA

View Full Version : 2.0brakes

Copers
09-09-08, 03:51 PM
whats the best size discs for 2.0 brakes and whats is smallest size wheels you can have to clear calipers and discs?
Also would the calipers fit the standard carriers on my 1.2luxe which i dont think they would.

Cheers Sam

Lee H
09-09-08, 03:59 PM
2.0 16v brakes come with 256mm disks. You replace the whole 1.2 caliper assembly with the 2.0 calipers, just a straight swap. Some 14" steelies clear but most people use 15's.

Copers
09-09-08, 04:06 PM
i'm on ebay looking around and emailed one bloke about if the carriers come with it and he said that its just a straight swap which i thought was odd and was just checkin,
Would My corsa sport 14''s clear or do you think not?
Cheers

AlexW
09-09-08, 04:58 PM
Standard nova 3 spokes can be made to clear if you grid some off the caliper and even then you couldnt fit a fag paper in there!

craig green
09-09-08, 05:13 PM
Grinding calipers & shaving the back of wheels spokes... Dodgy.
Oh & I've heard of people using worn pads so the caliper takes up less room.

FFS! Just get some proper wheels & tyres. The std 175's will break traction with some proper brakes anyway.

AlexW
09-09-08, 05:43 PM
Grinding calipers & shaving the back of wheels spokes... Dodgy.
Oh & I've heard of people using worn pads so the caliper takes up less room.

FFS! Just get some proper wheels & tyres. The std 175's will break traction with some proper brakes anyway.

I didnt touch the wheels. And the grinding is only the excess metal, not as if it makes it thin anyways. Ive used new discs and pads too. And im going for the standard lookish.