PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Owens Please Read

Anonymous
07-11-00, 10:38 PM
Hi, been lookin at ur feature car page and see u have a piper cam. I've been offered the same 1 that u have and wondered if it's worth ?80. It's supposed to have done 3000miles, but i dont suppose this makes 2 much difference. I have a 1.3sr. Peco BB2 system+box. Champion RN9YCC sparkies. Champion Triple Silicon Leads. Weber 32/34DTML. Pipercross filter. And do u have any tips for fitting the damn thing if u recommend getting it! I've been told I need a bigger idle jet if I fit the cam so I would get it RR tuned.

Anonymous
07-11-00, 10:43 PM
Before u recommend anything look at this page. I know it not hte same cam, but has a much similar affect. http://www.stickerland.fsnet.co.uk/astra/camres.htm

Anonymous
08-11-00, 06:27 PM
well i paid about ?130 for mine so ?80 seams a good deal if its okay

u will have to replace your cam followers at the same time (dont try and use the cam on your old ones coz they fuck up after a few days.

i never botherd with the cam lube and just used loads ov new oil. when i rejjeted mine i used the jets from a 1.3sr carb as they are a little bigger but this isnt ideal. i recently took my k&n off for the winter to prevent carb icing and to my utter disbelif a found the car is loads faster at the top end it also seams to acelerate smoother but the downsides are its very unresponsive on the pedal when its ticking over. from this i gatherd that with the k&n filter on the 1.3 idle jet is fine but obviously the second jet isnt fueling the car enough with the k&n filter on.

so if i wait until the summer and stick my k&n back on and increase my second jet i should be able to get even more top end power 122mp+?

Anonymous
08-11-00, 06:41 PM
Ok, but y dont u get ur car RR tuned? They put the correct size jet on 4 u dont they. Or find someone that has simialr nods and find out wot size jet they have?

Anonymous
10-11-00, 06:13 PM
i will get it rr tuned one day i just havent got any money at the minuite coz im spending ?50/60 a week on petrol getting to work and going to see my bird!